VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Re: MD Dubbers....dealer recommendations... (gshappell)

you'd be better off posting this in the mid-atlantic forum.

i'd recommend russell.
who have you taken the car to thus far? what was the problem that you had?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts

DO NOT GO TO OURISMAN THEY SUCK!!!!!! if you im me i can tell you what they did to me that has caused me to never buy a single thing from them ever ---- also where do you live at in laurel?? did you just move here?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Re: MD Dubbers....dealer recommendations... (00boravr6)

quote:[HR][/HR]DO NOT GO TO OURISMAN THEY SUCK!!!!!! if you im me i can tell you what they did to me that has caused me to never buy a single thing from them ever ---- also where do you live at in laurel?? did you just move here?[HR][/HR]​
Word. That place sucks. I bought my car there and I've never been back. Martens VW in Bethesda/DC haven't disappointed me yet.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: MD Dubbers....dealer recommendations... (keoni004)

Ourisman and Fitzgerald. Major service and/or competency problems.
Bethesda is kinda of a hike, but i guess i gotta do what i gotta do.

·
Registered
312 Posts

Try Heritage on Reisterstown Road (Just north of 695 exit 20) or Congressional in Rockville. I've had good experiences at both. I used to live near Russell and was not happy with them (although I never had my car serviced there).
Josh

·
Registered
2,163 Posts

interesting - i know one of the techs that works at fitzgerald (and he's on this board) and i've heard lots of ppl say they aren't bad to go to.
give russell a try. that's where i take my car, and the tech that works on my car is also a member here.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Re: MD Dubbers....dealer recommendations... (jae)

Whats his name at fitzgerald some one told there one time but I don't remember. Its not that fitzgeralds sucks its just they are to damn slow!! Don't get me wrong the service there is wonderful maybe because we have bought all our cars from there but it takes all day to get an oil change.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: MD Dubbers....dealer recommendations... (jae)

quote:[HR][/HR]
you'd be better off posting this in the mid-atlantic forum.

i'd recommend russell.
who have you taken the car to thus far? what was the problem that you had? [HR][/HR]​
If you have a few minutes of your life to waist read on...

I am sure and have read much worse than mine...but i still dont think my stuff is acceptable. Ourisman is more of a service thing... I took my jetta to ourisman the first time i needed oil change....when i got it back i had black stains on the seats and carpet. They never called to tell me it was ready even after i kept calling...finally when i got hold of someone they were like " its been ready since this morning" (at 430pm)

So then i went to fitzgerald... where i bought the car...had a real pleasant experience buying from them so i thought i try them out. I called friday and spoke to a service manager about the window regulator breaking and we scheduled to bring it Monday first thing for the window, oil change, loose A-pilar where the airbag is, and seat rocking. To sum it up...they fix everything supposedly by monday afternoon except they need to order parts for the regulator? so it will be over another day!!!?Maybe wednesday? Ok so maybe parts are out of stock and such...but i called umpteen million times to get the service guy to finally tell me(he is not the current vwservice guy) it would be another day. I tell him i want a loaner from vw. One reason i bought from annapolis so that i can get a loaner when i have service. According to their website they have 400 loaners. They say we don't have one, but you can get one, but you have to pay it for yourself.
Yea, I don't think so. So i rattle off an email to the manager about service, being professional and telling him i came to his stealership because Ourisman sucked and what not. I get a call back from service. I never heard from the manager either. Oh, we think we can have it done today. What?
Ok whatever. So did they have the parts or not?
whatever, i pick it up, the seat still rocks...but i just wanted my car back.
So now i am nearing the end of my warranty and take it to them again because ourisman still sucks. I call Friday and schedule for monday first thing again for 27 pt service, 22k service and a rattle and worse than usual turbo lag. I give them all monday without bothering them and call tuesday to see if its ready. No, checking out the turbo lag issue, but we did everything else and had to replace your starter because it was bad. Cool. And your brakes pads are worn, so it will be $550 for pads and rotors. I call back and say no thanks as i have a relative that can do it cheaper. I call towards the end of the day to see if i need to hike over to annapolis. Voice mail. Call again. Leave voice mail. Get a call back finally, still working on turbo. Wednesday, I call at noon...still working on turbo. We think it will be ready at 130. So i come home and call at 145, knowing their history....voice mail. Call back at 230...voice mail, get someone else in service...still working on turbo. What
? No call to me to say "don't come here yet, because its not ready?" I call several more times and basically get blown off. Then i call this morning and tell them(via voice mail of course) i need it today becaue i am going out of town for 10 days (which i told them when i dropped it off) so at least call me and tell me what is going on. I get a call. We need to check your hoses for leaks because you have turbo lag...(I felt like saying what the f have you been doing for two days??, stareing at it , asking the turbo what his/her problem is?
) So now i have to call at noon to see what the dilly is...
I am thinking about sending an invoice for my time yesterday afternoon waiting for them
Not that i expect to get paid....just so they know i am peeved.
So sorry to waist your time reading this....and like i said there is much worse out there...but i just hate bad service

Thanks for letting me vent

Hopefully i can take it somewhere else where they can check everything correctly.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Re: MD Dubbers....dealer recommendations... (keoni004)

quote:[HR][/HR]DO NOT GO TO OURISMAN THEY SUCK!!!!!! if you im me i can tell you what they did to me that has caused me to never buy a single thing from them ever ---- also where do you live at in laurel?? did you just move here?
Word. That place sucks. I bought my car there and I've never been back. Martens VW in Bethesda/DC haven't disappointed me yet. [HR][/HR]​

Martens was a bad experience for me. I'm too frustrated about my car now to even explain.

·
Registered
782 Posts

I moved to Florida just recently but before that I lived in Baltimore. I have to agree with the general consensus on Fitzgerald. Their service is slow and to top it off they ruined my paint job the day I bought it... Swirl marks all over the place.
I've had nothing but great experiences with Russel on Route 1 though. Friendly customer service and they are fast too. Not sure what the loaner situation is but VW generally pays $25 a day if your car is kept for warranty work. There is a Enterprise maybe a mile from the place to which they will gladly shuttle you.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: MD Dubbers....dealer recommendations... (00boravr6)

quote:[HR][/HR]DO NOT GO TO OURISMAN THEY SUCK!!!!!! if you im me i can tell you what they did to me that has caused me to never buy a single thing from them ever ---- also where do you live at in laurel?? did you just move here?[HR][/HR]​
Oh yea,...i live off gorman road on rt1 ...
I have been here for 4 years

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Re: MD Dubbers....dealer recommendations... (Fishbone)

quote:[HR][/HR]
Martens was a bad experience for me. I'm too frustrated about my car now to even explain.[HR][/HR]​
Interesting -- yours is the first bad experience I've heard of from Marten's. They've done well by me so far.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

UPDATE! Well, I just wanted to say that the new service manager at Fitzgerald gives a crap and actually gives me hope for service needs. Even though my car was not totally fixed, he worked his ass off trying to find the part that i needed and get it in my vehicle in time for my pickup before my trip. He already scheduled a time with me to bring it back in after my trip and fix everything and setup a loaner car. Turns out he is doing double duty with customers which is why he is so hard to get a hold of ...
So Gary is the man, but I still think the system is flawed...maybe the general service people can call customers and update...or maybe the service managers that are playing solitaire can help out...who knows.
Just wanted everybody to know that Gary and his guys kicked ass today
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
20,813 Posts

I really like Fitzgerald in Frederick. I've had nothing but good service. And they're not slow. I've never been to Annapolis, but I've heard they're good too.
I was at Russel once. They were ok. Certainly not bad, but didn't really exceed expectations. Not that it's a bad thing considering the sorry state of affairs at some dealers.
Stay away from Al Packer. Never been there, but one phone conversation was enough for a lifetime.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Re: MD Dubbers....dealer recommendations... (ChrisMD)

Russel is ok, i had all my work done their, pretty quick turnaround time if u drop it off at 8am, they can usually tell you what is up by 4pm, then they will work on it the next day. Make sure u talk to cindy, shes pretty good to deal with, althougth she can be pretty straightfoward with her words, which i like.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.