VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a pain in the a$$
My car got gutted on 11/14....
The theived got in by jambing a flat head screwdriver into the keyhole and pried out the tumbler.....then they simply turned to the left and the doors unlocked and the alarm shut off...POS factory alarm!
Needless to say, they stole my laptop with my vag-com and now I've thrown a code.
Is there anyone in the Maryland area with a Vag-com that can scan my ecu for fault codes? It would also be nice to meet some cool people that drive VW's.....
I frequent everywhere between Columbia and Germantown....
Oh, and I refuse to go to a VW dealer....see sig

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Re: MD: Someone stole my Vag-com; this morning I threw a code (decoder)

WOW...disabling the Alarm system by removing the lock tumbler?
Hmmm, this brings up more security issues with other alarm systems that work with OEM remotes...

·
Registered
10,827 Posts

Where are you. I'm working on the UMBC campus.

·
Registered
9,735 Posts
Re: MD: Someone stole my Vag-com; this morning I threw a code (flipp)

decoder. Toss me an e-mail ill give you my contact info. I will be home friday night through sunday night and back out of town for work.

·
Registered
7,429 Posts
Re: MD: Someone stole my Vag-com; this morning I threw a code (jamesb)

No offence, but posting exactly how to break into a MK4 Volkswagen without tripping the alarm - on a board read by thousands of people - wasn't exactly the brightest idea. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Re: MD: Someone stole my Vag-com; this morning I threw a code (VWguy)

quote:[HR][/HR]No offence, but posting exactly how to break into a MK4 Volkswagen without tripping the alarm - on a board read by thousands of people - wasn't exactly the brightest idea. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
[HR][/HR]​
Kinda sucks that everybody knows now...but atleast I know where my cars weakness is!!!!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Re: MD: Someone stole my Vag-com; this morning I threw a code (VWguy)

These car's have been out there for a while now, telling everyone how to do it is no biggie. VW should read this and fix stupid mistakes like this. Seriously, I am a software programmer, and a car alarm is something I would treat as mission critical and should not be disarmed quite so easily. The reason why VW puts out model changes in the middle of the year is because they made so many stupid mistakes on the first try.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: MD: Someone stole my Vag-com; this morning I threw a code (Retro)

I already knew that it was simple to break into because it's been posted many times in the forums........
I was just giving everyone a heads up so that you know how secure your car really is...
Thanks for everyones help, I'm meeting up with JettaRed today to scan my ecu....

·
Registered
7,975 Posts

ick, sorry to hear about that. where were you when you got broken into? i cannot even imagine how terrible it would be if someone broke into my Jetta.. i was pissed when my Eagle Summit got broken into at towson town center (stole head unit, 200+ cd's) like 6 years ago.. at least they didnt damage anything (someone left the door unlocked, not me!)

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Re: MD: Someone stole my Vag-com; this morning I threw a code (Black_MkIV)

quote:[HR][/HR]I ordered one from Uwe tonight. If you haven't got a solution to this in a week email me. I'm just outside Annapolis.[HR][/HR]​
you're still alive?

quote:[HR][/HR]No offence, but posting exactly how to break into a MK4 Volkswagen without tripping the alarm - on a board read by thousands of people - wasn't exactly the brightest idea. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
[HR][/HR]​
security through obscurity isn't really a good idea. do you think that the stock vw alarm really deters alot of thieves?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.