1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
E39 M5, E46 325i Touring, F30 328dX Touring
3,887 Posts
those seats! steering wheel is a little Chevy-esque but the rest of the interior is great!

·
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A couple of years ago I was invited to an Audi driving event held in a large parking lot. It was a full-on Audi event (not just a dealer thing) and they had a "track" set up and attendees got to follow-the-leader in an R8, RS5, and an RS3. My favorite, hands-down, was the RS3. When you dropped it into S, that little engine became a snarling beast. It was like the Tasmanian Devil. The want for an RS3 is VERY strong, and that engine in this sexy wagon/CUV has me drooling.

·
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Basically Cupra version of RSQ3 but sold at Subaru prices.

Meanwhile over at Fuji headquarter, letters pleading for Crosstrek STI or Forester WRX goes straight to the shredder.
I truly don't understand why they don't drop the WRX engine in the Crosstrek: turnkey rally-ish car/Subie's "Raptor" (Ok, not that hardcore, but a high-powered, FAST, AWD, offroad vehicle)

·
Registered
10,016 Posts
Wow, this looks really good. Has a lot of really great design features that work together very well, both inside and out. This would sell well in stripped down versions too, I think.

·
Registered
BMW M3, Mazda CX-5, Ford E350, motorcycles
2,352 Posts
I'd legitimately buy one of it came here. Well, probably lease, but whatever. I actually like the DSG and am coming around to paddle-shifted autos especially for DD duty.

·
Registered
25,382 Posts
I truly don't understand why they don't drop the WRX engine in the Crosstrek: turnkey rally-ish car/Subie's "Raptor" (Ok, not that hardcore, but a high-powered, FAST, AWD, offroad vehicle)
It is the automotive mystery of our time. Crosstrek WRX or Crosstrek STI is a parts bin car that will print money. All the pieces are there but they just won't do it.

·
Premium Member
11,105 Posts
That front badge is gross, but everything else looks great!
It looks like a made-up logo for some side-by-side off roader company that was founded in 2018. (yes all logos are made-up)

·
Registered
32,014 Posts
It looks like a made-up logo for some side-by-side off roader company that was founded in 2018. (yes all logos are made-up)
This screams made-up, though, because VW didn't think the SEAT brand image would be appealing enough for cars like these and created this brand pretty much from scratch (sure, there's been SEAT Cupra models for about 20 years now, so there's a bit of history behind it).

I like everything else but the weird badge/brand.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts