VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
It is the automotive mystery of our time. Crosstrek WRX or Crosstrek STI is a parts bin car that will print money. All the pieces are there but they just won't do it.
Being one of their high volume models, maybe it’s a CAFE thing and they have targets to hit and it would hurt them in some way? From a sales side I 10p% agree, it would be a slam dunk hit.

Reactions: oidoglr

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda
36,394 Posts
This is pretty neat. (y)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I'm a huge fan of the SEAT Curpa models. Add in the turbo I5 and "shut up and take my money". Too bad this won't come to the US but if Audi is allowing other brands to use the I5T that is good news for VW potentially throwing it into something.

·
Registered
25,346 Posts
Being one of their high volume models, maybe it’s a CAFE thing and they have targets to hit and it would hurt them in some way? From a sales side I 10p% agree, it would be a slam dunk hit.
I think it is more reality that Subaru doesn't have a CVT that is sporty enough for WRX or STI duty. They stopped development on automatic or DCT and putting 6 speed manual in a Forester or Crosstrek is not going to make the accountants happy.

You make a deal with the CVT devil, you end up in CVT hell.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
I think it is more reality that Subaru doesn't have a CVT that is sporty enough for WRX or STI duty. They stopped development on automatic or DCT and putting 6 speed manual in a Forester or Crosstrek is not going to make the accountants happy.

You make a deal with the CVT devil, you end up in CVT hell.
I think you can still get a manual Crosstrek, and they make a CVT WRX Sedan.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts