VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Re: mean look hood extension ?'s (ALPHAQGTI)

I had the fiberglass one molded onto my Golf hood. I drove around with it for about three months, between September and November. There was a lot of temperature flux and that didn't crack it.
It is seamless when looked at head on, but if you look at it from a certain angle in the sunlight you can see a faint line. It doesn't look bad at all, it looks like a one piece hood unless somebody tells you it's not and you look from that one angle.
Granted, I'm a perfectionist so it bothered me knowing that it was there anyway
Glad you like the hood Ramone!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Re: mean look hood extension ?'s (98vr6HONDAeater)

Honestly, I wouldn't risk it if I were you. If you were see your hood, grille, and lights after a long drive you'll notice ALL of the debris hits the car right there. The Mattig fiberglass piece is fine as it is. I think if you went any bigger you would seriously risk cracking ten times more. That and opening the hood is going to be hell. Mattig makes two size Golf fiberglass extensions, breit and schmal (sp?). Breit is the bigger one and it is pretty aggressive, I had it on my car. I will post pictures once I scan them, or ask Ramone as the hood is in his hands now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.