VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
3,430 Posts
Re: Meaning of these codes? (braass2000vr6)

smart alec answer: it means your average speed is 24mph and its 48 degrees F outside.

real answer:
ummm are you talking about the little one at the top of your little screen there? lol that just shows you are on settings #1 (there are 2 settings depending on which one your car is always on.... one if reset when you hold that right stalk to reset the trip, and the other would be constant going till you switch to it and reset it or if you lose power from you battery)

Modified by aka_deno at 1:23 PM 3-17-2008

· Registered
2,080 Posts
Re: Meaning of these codes? (Archie Bunker)

Brief description of all four images in the display:
Average speed of 24 MPH.
48 degrees outside.
Your circle has been impaled.
You're number 1.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
3,430 Posts
Re: Meaning of these codes? (aka_deno)

oh forgot to add...... your parking brake is on you have 66670 miles on your car 359.6 miles on your trip(which tells me you dont reset that because you cant have more than half a tank with 359.6 miles.... that is a full tank of gas for my 12v vr6. and you are sitting still idle.

· Registered
2,080 Posts

Quote, originally posted by aka_deno »
oh forgot to add...... your parking brake is on you have 66670 miles on your car 359.6 miles on your trip(which tells me you dont reset that because you cant have more than half a tank with 359.6 miles.... that is a full tank of gas for my 12v vr6. and you are sitting still idle.

I got owned.
Edit: His car is warmed up and it's something:32 o'clock.
I win.

Modified by 32bitwhore at 1:24 PM 3-17-2008

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

smart alec answer: it means your average speed is 24mph and its 48 degrees F outside.

real answer:
ummm are you talking about the little one at the top of your little screen there? lol that just shows you are on settings #1 (there are 2 settings depending on which one your car is always on.... one if reset when you hold that right stalk to reset the trip, and the other would be constant going till you switch to it and reset it or if you lose power from you battery)
So, it's really a trip meter setting, NOT anything that I should be worried about. Right?

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Meaning of these codes? (Archie Bunker)

Quote, originally posted by Archie Bunker »
Do you mean avg. MPH (speed for you)?
Or do you mean outside temperature?

haha! You is oh so funny. Thanks for the laughter. I should have written more details.

· Registered
2,080 Posts

You messed up your quote, but yes, it's nothing to worry about.
Your car will be sure to let you know if something is wrong when your cluster lights up like a christmas tree. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

real answer:

So, it's really a trip meter setting, NOT anything that I should be worried about. Right?

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Meaning of these codes? (32bitwhore)

Quote, originally posted by 32bitwhore »
Average speed of 24 MPH.
48 degrees outside.
You're number 1.

Impaled? I'm sure Vlad, The Impaler loves that his infamous name and impaling ways still live on, even in a little screen like this.

· Registered
9,159 Posts
Re: Meaning of these codes? (32bitwhore)

Quote, originally posted by 32bitwhore »
Average speed of 24 MPH.
48 degrees outside.
You're number 1.

rofl.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.