VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there hace a suggestion for a good Non-stealership mechanic on the South shore.
Thanks

·
Banned
5,261 Posts
Re: Mechanic on the South Shore, MA (Bsears)

i used to go to a place called scotts classic imports it was on 27 in pebroke/plympton line. Small shop did mostly old restorations but also has a part of the shop devoted to just dubs good guys and you cant beat his rates.

Tommy

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I go to a general mechanic guy named Ket...it's Ket's auto repair. Exit 17 off of route 3, go around the rotary and it's right behind the carwash and the sunoco (I think), gas station.
He works on dubs, but he's pretty busy and always wants to please you and do stuff quick but he gets a bit stressed out. Him and my dad are on good terms and they barter a bit so he's cool with me
My car got towed from work in dorchester on friday when the serpentine belt tensioner broke and the belt came off
i'll let ya know how he does on it

His # is 781 843 2143 by the way, 251 union st. in braintree (just found his card, heh
)

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Re: Mechanic on the South Shore, MA (TommyC83)

I highly recommend against scott's. Adam is a pretty good guy, but his help sucks. I forget the guy's name, but he's the head mechanic with a mullet...I think he is half retarded. If you need a restoration, and time is not a factor...scott's is a great place...but for a general mechanic I'd look elsewhere.

·
Banned
5,261 Posts
Re: Mechanic on the South Shore, MA (Black_G60)

lol the mullet mechanic lol i guess thats the new guy i havent been down to that shop in about 4 years there used to be an old guy working on the dubs who was pretty cool.
Also hitup andyveedub on vortex he works at the dealer but im pretty sure he can do some side work for you he knows his **** and if you ever need warranty work down the road hes a good guy to be in with.
Tommy

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Mechanic on the South Shore, MA (TommyC83)

Thanks for the suggestions, looks like Kets or andyveedub, mullets scare me so I think I will stay away from scotts.
Do not have any problems yet but the warantee is almost up.
Thanks

·
Registered
18,009 Posts
Re: Mechanic on the South Shore, MA (Bsears)

did you try the place in hingham on rt 53? just before you get into weymouth?
i think there is a garden store next door to them iirc

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Mechanic on the South Shore, MA (Moe Sizlack)

Higham? Thats right there is a little spot. I will check it out.
Thanks, Ben

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
lol I bought my car from andyveedub and had it inspected by ket

Andy's a good guy, but his old car is nickle and diming me to death

Not his fault... i hope

·
Registered
194 Posts
Re: (Mossman)

I highly recommend KJ's in Pembroke, just off of 53 to the right after the lights/intersection of 139.
Excellent VW mechanic very reasonable and honest, the best!.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Re: Mechanic on the South Shore, MA (Moe Sizlack)

Its right next to Penniman Hill Farm.
And if he has a 16V engine lying around let me know
I used to dirtbike in the pits across the street (now a golf course
)

Modified by Richard Hurts at 3:36 PM 2-20-2004

1 - 13 of 13 Posts