VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all , I bought a 2004 TT 3.2 s-line with a new mechatronics unit installed but no adaptation ran ( previous owner stated that he replaced the mechatronics with rebuilt or new not sure off hand , but he didn't know he needed to run adaptation) so the previous coding was not copied and I cant get it to run group 62 . I need the coding can anybody help ?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Is it necessary to copy the original coding if buying a new mechatronic from the dealer based on VIN number?

I replaced my mechatronic but didn't scan the coding from the old unit. The new mech didn't solve my problem, which I think was clutch related, but I was able to run all adaptations and it seemed to work correctly. There were no different fault codes that showed up after driving the car, just the same mechanical gear disconnect and implausible gear ratio codes as before that reappeared.

I also discovered that the DSG in the car had been replaced at some point previously. Not sure if that would affect ordering the mech by the vehicles VIN or not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts