VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed today that my rear valence melted after I fixed the three exhaust leaks on the FM system. I bet it happened during the 1 hour of open track testing at Thunderhill.

Where can I find a 4 motion valence for my car in stock. Pottermans has been back ordered for a while.

·
Registered
13,374 Posts
Re: Melted rear valence from FM exhaust! (reflexgti)

Heehee, now it looks like mine except mine is much worse. Try pushing the tip or muffler on further to avoid any more melting. I heard you can get a new 4 motion style valence from your dealer now for about $65 since the 2002 come with them. I plan on cutting mine to make it fit my new exhaust, not like it's really visible anyways.
Tim

·
Registered
61 Posts
Re: Melted rear valence from FM exhaust! (rub-a-vee-dub)

Those tires look like Yoko Paradas, correct? They look like they were mounted incorrectly. You might want to look into that. The vertical groove is supposed to be on the outside of the car. I had them on my previous dub and again now. I'm pretty sure of the set up. Check Yokohama's Website. Just looking out.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Melted rear valence from FM exhaust! (spdrcr71)

They're actually Falken Azenis and a quick look shows that they're on correctly. Great tires IMHO with better grip than my previous AVS sports. They're the non R compound tires for autocrossing right now.

·
Banned
501 Posts
Re: Melted rear valence from FM exhaust! (reflexgti)

quote:[HR][/HR]They're actually Falken Azenis and a quick look shows that they're on correctly. Great tires IMHO with better grip than my previous AVS sports. They're the non R compound tires for autocrossing right now.[HR][/HR]​
100% correct. yes, they do look like backward parada's, but the tread is a tad different. hopefully they'll stick better than parada's as the weather gets warmer http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.