VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone play. I just got new skates to replace my Tack 911's (circa 93). I got the CCM U+ 4.0. I cant believe how light they are. I'm Going to start mens league again next week. Any other mens league guys in here?

·
Registered
605 Posts
I joined men's d-league just this past august. We formed a new team mostly from people who skated at a skills/scrimmage program weekly. We made it through 8 rounds of a shootout in the championship game before losing, so we did pretty well our first session. Not doing that well so far this fall, but we're still improving.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
CCM U's are definitely crazy light, I've wanted these for the longest time

picked up a new stick for cheap, compo sakic feels amazing and is ridiculously light with the right amount of flex. gotta say though the fact that sakic would flex it with just a wrist shot makes me feel weak :laugh:

also try this in your next practice

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya the New Bauer VPX is nuts. even Ovi went back to get um!!:laugh:

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone else have a 5am practice? LOL...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Right now I play in a 3 v 3 plus goalies floor hockey league on Wednesdays. I never played ice hockey before but hope to get into a mens league in the future. I just don't have the time nor money to buy all of the equipment and learn the game on ice.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right now I play in a 3 v 3 plus goalies floor hockey league on Wednesdays. I never played ice hockey before but hope to get into a mens league in the future. I just don't have the time nor money to buy all of the equipment and learn the game on ice.
Spend the bulk of your $$ on skates. If your feet hurt then learning to play will suck. the rest of the equipment you can find for less than three hundred. Its a ton of fun but the hours do suck. LOL...

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the APX shoots hard! I filmed a testimonial for some Bauer folks this summer shooting with it, but it never made it into any of their promotional stuff afaik.
Yes the APX line not VPX (duh). Sounds like fun. Ovi was in Exeter NH last summer where Bauer's new HQ is. I didn't see him though.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Yeah, I'm familiar with the Bauer facilities up there. Used to pass the Greenland offices going to BavAuto in Portsmouth. Ovie is nuts for sure and I like him joining the brand.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whats everyone using for sticks? I just got a warrior Bentley. First composite so we will see.

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
I've been using Bauer vapors the past few years but recently picked up a warrior mojo to try out. I like the feel of it except that it's unbalanced, ie heavier at the blade, which most lower end composites are. Other than that I like it. I might try one of their higher end sticks if I catch one of the 11 models on clearance.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been using Bauer vapors the past few years but recently picked up a warrior mojo to try out. I like the feel of it except that it's unbalanced, ie heavier at the blade, which most lower end composites are. Other than that I like it. I might try one of their higher end sticks if I catch one of the 11 models on clearance.
i was just saying the same thing low end this year next year spend some more cash on a pro level stick.

·
Premium Member
18,140 Posts
i play...goalie.

Game today at 5:15pm at the Leafs practice rink :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i play...goalie.

Game today at 5:15pm at the Leafs practice rink :thumbup:
Can you get some pics. Not that i love the Leafs. (lol) But i am a NHL fan and a fan of the game.

·
Premium Member
18,140 Posts
If I have time I'll try to snap a few...not sure if my game is on their ice or the Marlies' rink. It's a multi-pad place.

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
Anybody got any tips for one timers? 50% of the time my one timer attempt is a fluttering piece of ****. The other 50% it's good enough to score sometimes but still pretty weak. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, just not getting a lot of power on my shot if it's a hard pass.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts