VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
golf cart hatchback
6,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had no idea these were coming. I thought something equivalent to the GLC would be their first EV CUV. On MBUSA site but not the configurator yet - 2022 EQB SUV | Future Vehicles

It’s obviously just a reworked version of the existing GLB, but still kind of impressive they were able to put this together pretty quickly. EQB 350 will have 288hp/324lb-ft. but no word on range or price yet.

·
Registered
13,731 Posts
Range isn’t going to be anything special. Expect 230-250mi.

EQS SUV should be hitting the lots later this year followed by the EQE SUV early next year. The GLC EV equivalent is going to take ~3 years to surface.

Reactions: kraut_pauer79

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
EQB300 4-matic starts at about $18k more than a GLB250 4-matic...ouch.
And has a range of something like 230 miles.

• Wow
Reactions: kä_käferbär

·
Premium Member
Luft und Wasser
143 Posts
EQB300 4-matic starts at about $18k more than a GLB250 4-matic...ouch.
And has a range of something like 230 miles.
And that would probably put the 350 near Model Y prices 😮 Maybe this isn't necessarily a Model Y competitor, but I can't see why most wouldn't stretch from $58K up to $65K for the Model Y that trounces it in performance and range. Unless they're very loyal MB customers and/or don't like the Tesla image.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Blue, 2018 VW GTI
22,630 Posts
I trust MB QA more than Tesla's. And $65k for a Model Y just sounds like a rip-off. And the Model Y is hideous.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Yeah but this a blatant rear end copy of A-class that's already existed for several years. S-class copying A-class, not the other way around. It's like they took brand dilution to the nth

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
I never took the GLB seriously and saw it as a dollar store G wagon, but I had one for a loaner and actually liked it.

There was adequate bhp, the dual clutch was crisp, comfortable ride, good mpg, plenty of space, giant sunroof, cool neon lights, and the switchgear was high quality.

Then I saw it was $50k. For those interested, get one used!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts