VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys-
I just saw a new commercial for the Mercedes G500 and I thought it was hilarious. Its starts out like the BMW X5 commercial where the three guys are in the crash test building, the G500 takes off and, just as you think it is going to hit the wall, it goes through the crash wall, through the wall behind it, through the office behind the crash room and through the concrete wall of the entire complex, coming out unscratched. I thought it wa hilarious. Anyone else see this? I saw it during ER.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Re: Mercedes G-Wagen Commercial (JettaBoy04)

Definately funny http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I have no doubt that these vehicles are pretty tough..

·
Registered
9,757 Posts
Re: Mercedes G-Wagen Commercial (igneousGOlF)

Haven't seen it, but just saw a G320 Cabrio on the way back from school (MBA).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Re: Mercedes G-Wagen Commercial (Beltfed)

when I was in atlanta last weekend I saw a G500, countless porsches, a diablo, a new mini, a black z8. I was
and
I felt rather
in my car but overall I was

·
Registered
21,613 Posts
Re: Mercedes G-Wagen Commercial (Busta J)

well, as you most know the G****ndewagen started out in military service...and they brought it to the consumer market, like the Hummer...but not as big. It is no-doubt tough as bollocks. Thing has THREE (count em!) differentials...
Saw one at Concord Mills...beeeeeyoootiful. I love how its not aerodynamic or clad in plastic. its a real boxy SUV, the way they should be.

·
Registered
34,664 Posts

G-Wagen is such an unique vehicle in a niche segment that doesn't need to advertise. It resides in a market segment that not everyone can't afford, the same goes for LX470 and Range Rover.

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Re: Mercedes G-Wagen Commercial (Apollo-Soyuz 1975)

quote:[HR][/HR]...and yet people bitched about the Durango passing the Porsche while towing a boat
[HR][/HR]​
"Acme Steel sues Daimler-Chrysler, claims reputation tarnished by inaccurate portrayal of its steel girders."

·
Premium Member
'21 Tacoma TRD-Offroad – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
38,401 Posts

There is a new Diet Pepsi commercial with Cindy Crawford in it and she is driving a silver one.

·
Registered
14,541 Posts
I love that Mercedes commercial!
"Hey! What are you guys doing in there"
That guy looks really pissed off too. That's my favorite part.
Chris

·
Registered
2 Turbo Wagons.
15,685 Posts

I'm gonna buy one.
I'm not going to bother stopping for red lights, stop signs, traffic jams...
Honest to god though... if cars look safe... drivers stop driving safe. There's no consiquences to being a moron.

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
Re: Mercedes G-Wagen Commercial (nokona)

[QUOTEThere would probably be a wiseass comment about NASCAR in there too...[/QUOTE]
yes...something about real sport racing and ovals i think.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Re: Mercedes G-Wagen Commercial (Sporin)

quote:[HR][/HR]There is a new Diet Pepsi commercial with Cindy Crawford in it and she is driving a silver one.
[HR][/HR]​
Has anyone else noticed how the G-Wagen's door, window frame and mirror shake and quiver after she slams it closed?

[Modified by Dinosaurius, 12:00 PM 4-12-2002]

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Re: Mercedes G-Wagen Commercial (Elbows)

quote:[HR][/HR]..... Thing has THREE (count em!) differentials...[HR][/HR]​

Not to mension that all three are indipendently locking http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
23,991 Posts
Re: Mercedes G-Wagen Commercial (G60NUT)

The guy across the street from me has a silver one....fully custom.....completely insane....I'll have to post pics....he also has a Brabus equipped Benz S500 and and a Denon done M5 that is simply sick...I'll have to get pictures....I didn't even mention the Bently....the Jag XJ8....and the Lotus.....he's got just way too much $$ to go around and he's only 22 yrs. old....He's a huge record producer....DarkChild records......located in S. Jersey.....for those that care he was behind that "Say my Name" song by Destiny's Child....not my bag but a nice guy though.

[Modified by vwsteve, 3:53 PM 4-12-2002]

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Re: Mercedes G-Wagen Commercial (vwsteve)

Ah, the G-Wagen. I saw a few today, since they've been out for a while in Costa Rica. They definately have a presence that's hard to match by any vehicle. The things look like a bank vault on wheels (which is good) and hopefully if and when its updated/replaced, this look won't be scrapped for Mercedes' more swoopy present designs. Intimidating isn't the word!

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Re: Mercedes G-Wagen Commercial (VWteknik)

quote:[HR][/HR]Ah, the G-Wagen. I saw a few today, since they've been out for a while in Costa Rica. They definately have a presence that's hard to match by any vehicle. The things look like a bank vault on wheels (which is good) and hopefully if and when its updated/replaced, this look won't be scrapped for Mercedes' more swoopy present designs. Intimidating isn't the word![HR][/HR]​
It will be around for some time to come, Mercedes-Benz still has orders (I think until 2007) from different armies.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Re: Mercedes G-Wagen Commercial (Eolair)

Right on. There are just certain cars that can be produced for decades, and the longer they're around, the better they are.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.