VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a very pleasant experience at Stealer. When I went to pick up Egg, Regional Rep introduced himself and ask my impression of the car so far(positive by the way). He informed me that the key fob distance problem was now a recall issue( BD12 ) and that the dealer had repaired it but wasen't satisfied with the intensity of the fob signal and therefore ordered a new one.
By the way I was in for replacement of cracked wood trim piece above wine cooler. Rep was also interested about the duct tape between the parked roof racks, which was my experiment to track a wind whistle. He helped me with that also, says its comming from sun roof, and will have service address this when key fob comes in.
In conclusion, I left feeling V/W is really trying harder. There isn't enough room her to tell you about my experience with BMW!
Happy is the man who has had his Egg kissed !

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Re: Met Regional V/W Service Rep Yesterday (Woodengolfer)

Quote, originally posted by Woodengolfer »
... Rep was also interested about the duct tape between the parked roof racks, which was my experiment to track a wind whistle. He helped me with that also, says its comming from sun roof, and will have service address this when key fob comes in...

Let us know what they do to your sun roof...I haven't heard that before.
Personally, I think the "air foil" that pops up when you open the sun roof isn't doing the job. I'm tempted to get one of the externally mounted ones...but I'd hate to ruin those smooth lines with some aftermarket wind break. I did see one that offered a couple of "vents" that would re-direct air down into the vehicle.
http://www.autoanything.com/pr...ector

1 - 3 of 3 Posts