VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to set the MFA to the icon/animation mode with a VAG-COM? I've found mention of it in the archives but no ones actually said how to do it. I've also searched on ross-tech's site and the vag-com group on yahoo. I'm going to a party tonight and my buddy is bringin his vag-com, i would love to get this done.
TIA

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
Re: MFA "Icon/Animation mode" (JettaBoi_VR6)

I've never heard of this but I am interested also. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
169 Posts
whoa - this sounds pretty cool what exactly is it? - LOL and a party with VAG-COM - sorta corny unless there are alot of dubbers there - parties are supposed to have VAG-INA (volkswagen audi group IN america) heh heh

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (silverstone2004GTI)

It's something that the NA audi's have. On the MFA, when something happens, i.e. Washer fluid is low, instead of saying "WASHER FLUID LOW" it shows an animated washer fluid icon. Same thing when gas is low, instead of saying "PLEASE REFUEL!" it shows an animated gas pump. I remember seeing lots of talk about it when i first got my car, when i didnt know what a vag-com was. I was only able to find one post in the archives about it now, which i brought back from the dead a few weeks ago, but no one responded

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (JettaBoi_VR6)

This is the thread i found:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zer...52697
See the 9th post from the top
Quote »
BTW, you can change your MFA to show only icons as well. So when its out of fuel it will just show a gas pump icon instead of saying "Please Refuel". You need vag-com to switch to icon only mode. I haven't switched it for long enough to see what all the icons look like.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (johnny grep)

Quote, originally posted by johnny grep »
Isn't that a FIS-only feature? (High pixel MFA)

I dont think so. In all the pictures i've seen, the FIS cluster shows both the text and picture at the same time.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (bhb399mm)

Wow, how does a post get archived after 1 week?
Anyway, i'm told that the answer to this is in the bently. Anyone here with a bently that has the time to look it up for me? Pweeeease

1 - 11 of 11 Posts