VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the subject says. When it's cool outside my MFA screen is very easy to read. Nice and bright. However, when it's hot out or after the car has been on for a while (screen heats up I guess) it becomes very difficult to read, almost to the point that is unreadable. I remember reading once about a similar problem with the mfa screens in Corrado's and the fix was to pull apart the cluster and make sure it was making good connections. Is it possible this is a similar issue?
Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how did you fix it?
Thanks!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Re: MFA Screen difficult to read when hot. (vw mofo)

No problems with mine being hard to read in any temperature.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
it coudl be hard to read because those screens are temp sensitive..when it gets too hot, they don't display too well, if u ever see those electronic freeway signs.. when it gets hot..it juss gets quite blurry, or next time leave ur cell phone in the sun for about 2 hours and the screen will be like that too..its normal dont' worry

·
Registered
11,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (AccordTraitor)

No it's not normal... This is the 2nd MK4 I've had with an MFA and the other one was very clear to read at any temperature.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Re: (vw mofo)

Same thing has started to happen to me recently. When its 90 degrees and up I cant read the whole top portion. Also some of the pixels dont show up anymore. Is there is fix for this?

·
Registered
11,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not that I know of... When I get some time, I'm going to take my cluster apart and push on all the lcd screen contacts to see if it gets any better. Not very optomistic though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Re: (vw mofo)

this just recently happened to me, there is a black line on my MFA display where the pixels in the lower half and the line separating the two is blank, it was pretty hot today but does anyone know if the pixels have gone bad or is it a fuse or just the heat?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Re: (PocketRockets)

just went back out and started my car up to see the MFA and at first the line where it looked like the pixels had failed went away and the display went completely back to normal, my car was parked outside for about 8 hours in the sun so im pretty sure that's what's causing the malfunction

1 - 10 of 10 Posts