VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a MK5 R32 and I want to add a quadlock extension so I'm not tapping into the stock wires. Looking on the Internet, there are a lot of "40pin" quadlocks that look identical: 4x4 large pins with a pair of 12pin connectors below:

MFD2 pinout:

The ads all say "BMW Mercedes VW..." so I'm thinking they're either a commodity (doesn't matter, as long as it's 40pin), or identical within Germany auto manufacturing...or something. Naturally I'm worried about some 0.01mm difference that prevents it from working in my car.

Any science out there about this?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Within VW I'm aware of only 2 Quad lock connector, the 40pin (2003 to 2015, late MK4, MK5, MK6) and the 52 pin (2016 up MIB radios).

I know the quad locks on some Mercedes are the same 40 pin ones though the pinouts are different. No idea about BMW but would not surprise me them being the same.

Sent from my Nokia 3.4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I've got a MK5 R32 and I want to add a quadlock extension so I'm not tapping into the stock wires. Looking on the Internet, there are a lot of "40pin" quadlocks that look identical: 4x4 large pins with a pair of 12pin connectors below

The ads all say "BMW Mercedes VW..." so I'm thinking they're either a commodity (doesn't matter, as long as it's 40pin), or identical within Germany auto manufacturing...or something. Naturally I'm worried about some 0.01mm difference that prevents it from working in my car.

Did you determine if this works? I have a Touareg that I'm putting an aftermarket amp in, and I'd love to make a T/Y harness and snag the power and speaker level out through this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got a MK5 R32 and I want to add a quadlock extension so I'm not tapping into the stock wires. Looking on the Internet, there are a lot of "40pin" quadlocks that look identical: 4x4 large pins with a pair of 12pin connectors below:

MFD2 pinout:

check out eurozonetuning.com that's where i found my wireharness for my car exactly. i think bill is the customer service guy to help with specific ones

1 - 4 of 4 Posts