VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference in what these two cables from Ross Tech can do?
I only plan on using the Cable on a MKV chassis Audi A3. Is there any limits on programing? I do know that the MICRO-CAN only works on MKV platforms. and it costs $100.00 less.
Dave

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
Re: (D.Passat00)

Quote, originally posted by D.Passat00 »
the hex and micro should have the same capabilities on programming for the mkv.

Check the comparison chart, there are quite some differences but not that many when it comes to the MK5 based models. The HEX+CAN is the top of the line right now and there are quite a few functional differences but they are usually meant for professional users, so I guess you won't even notice.

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
Re: (Theresias)

Quote, originally posted by Theresias »
Check the comparison chart, there are quite some differences but not that many when it comes to the MK5 based models. The HEX+CAN is the top of the line right now and there are quite a few functional differences but they are usually meant for professional users, so I guess you won't even notice.

my micro-can does everything i need. i didn't check for all the functions, but everything i've tried seems to be complete. but yes, if you're a shop, you should get the hex for backwards compatibility and maybe slightly more functions.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Re: (Theresias)

I'm pretty sure the other features only apply to the older ECU's.
Here's the answer I got directly from Andy.
Quote »
Mike,
On the Mk5 the Micro-CAN is fully functional.
Regards,
Andy
[email protected] wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there is any limitation in functionality with the
> Mirco-CAN other than only being compatible with the MkV based platforms?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike Mannina

·
Registered
13,259 Posts
Re: (TypeR #126)

From the comparison chart it seems like the only thing that might matter on the Mk5 is this:
Quote »
"Turbo" Mode for Measuring Blocks on newer KWP-2000 ECU's

Is this applicable to Mk5 cars? How nice is it to have?

·
Registered
13,259 Posts
Re: (teriba)

Just as an FYI, I asked my local dealer and they said that for the Mk5 they are identical. Turbo mode only applies to the HEX interface but the Mk5s use CAN. Just ordered my Micro-CAN. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.