VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VW delays Microbus until '07
Volkswagen won't have a Microbus for sale in theU.S. until 2007, the company said on Wednesday. After looking at the prospects for profit in the U.S. market and currency exchanges, the company's board decided to scrap a Microbus under development, patterned after the concept shown at the 2001 Detroit auto show. Instead, the new Microbus will be developed off componentry designed into the company's T5 transporter and will also be planned for other markets, unlike the original concept: "an exclusive focus on the US market would have jeopardized the success of the Microbus," a release stated. The new vehicle will be built in Hanover, Germany.

So is anyone else disappointed about the delay? On to of that, it sounds like it won't be true to the concept.
http://thecarconnection.com/in...n=156

·
Chili Bigot
(boop/ bop/ beep)
20,211 Posts
Re: MICROBUS.....DELAYED AGAIN! 2007. (Whirling_Dervish)

Yeah, but when it comes out it will have the bestest interior EVAR!

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Well, I for one think it's a cool little vehicle and I'm sorry to see it delayed. However, it gives me more time to save my pennies.

·
Banned
36,395 Posts
Re: (LelloBeetle)

Quote, originally posted by LelloBeetle »
Well, I for one think it's a cool little vehicle and I'm sorry to see it delayed. However, it gives me more time to save my pennies.

It's going to be anything but little.

I don't really give a damn to be honest since I am not in the market for a minivan. It would be a nice vehicle to see on the roads though. Not your usual boring minivan.

·
Registered
693 Posts

The Microbus is such a no-brainer, it's amazing that VW is taking so long to bring it to market. By now, they should have had two microbuses - one like the concept car, the other a smaller, bare bones model to compete with the Element, Scion, et al. VW could have even created a new market - an AWD sport utility microbus. Maybe it's not too late.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Re: MICROBUS.....DELAYED AGAIN! 2007. (Seabird)

Quote, originally posted by Seabird »
Yeah, but when it comes out it will have the bestest interior EVAR!

And with that in mind, that will make it the best car out there compared to its competitors, just like the MK IV golf/jetta

·
Chili Bigot
(boop/ bop/ beep)
20,211 Posts
Re: MICROBUS.....DELAYED AGAIN! 2007. (green tea)

Quote, originally posted by green tea »

And with that in mind, that will make it the best car out there compared to its competitors, just like the MK IV golf/jetta

Only if it has the 1.8T.

·
Registered
13,050 Posts

For all intents and purposes they have scrapped the Microbus completely even though the press release leads you to believe otherwise. They are supposedly working on some other type of van, but basically they are scrambling to try and save face on a labor contract that was tied to the Microbus - thus the reason to publicly say they are still building something.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts

no worries, maybe by then there will be enough demand to bring a vehicle like that to the states with in a DIESEL WITH ALL WHEEL DRIVE!!

·
Registered
1999 100 series LC
12,480 Posts
Re: MICROBUS.....DELAYED AGAIN! 2007. (Merc-MarkO)

Maybe they should consider platform sharing with the Veyron. No, wait, that wouldn't work either.....

·
Registered
2020 Mercedes A250 4Matic
18,323 Posts
Re: MICROBUS.....DELAYED AGAIN! 2007. (AudiVwMeister)

Quote, originally posted by AudiVwMeister »
no worries, maybe by then there will be enough demand to bring a vehicle like that to the states with in a DIESEL WITH ALL WHEEL DRIVE!!

Yeah, right after the MK2 Corrado with the VR8!

·
Registered
13,757 Posts

i actually think VW finally did a RIGHT thing. VW should delay this "halo" product and concetrate product that MOST people want to buy/care. Like Bring the next gen Golf, Jetta & Passat to NA ASAP!!! Making car more reliable. Improve NA dealer network/service. Make a car that can compete with Mazda 3, an lite SVU that can compete with CR-V/RAV4. Try to not make excuses not to bring Polo to NA (no market in NA, but Toyota, suzuki and even GM are selling their Echo HB, Xa, new swift & Aveo like hot cake). After try selling a $100,000Cdn Sedan, a SVU starting around $55000Cdn and now want a sell a mini van (which is not so mini) for what... at least $35000 - $40000 starting (i guess)?? Don't tell me thing me will be as cheap as caravan or sienna... i just don't see it.

·
Registered
19,201 Posts
Re: MICROBUS.....DELAYED AGAIN! 2007. (CBJ)

Quote, originally posted by CBJ »
Maybe they should consider platform sharing with the Veyron. No, wait, that wouldn't work either.....

Well, the Veyron is being delayed again too so maybe they can share components and stuff to get at least one of them to market ....

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Re: MICROBUS.....DELAYED AGAIN! 2007. (Hajduk)

Quote, originally posted by Hajduk »

Yeah, right after the MK2 Corrado with the VR8!

bwahahahahaha, thanks, i needed a good laugh this morning!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts