VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a problem with the remote, when I lock the doors with the remote, it used to have a alarm honk reminding me everything is locked. But it stop honking some time from last week, I take the car to VW dealer, they told me the microswitch underneath the hood is not functioning properly, so the central computer is thinkiing hood is not shut correctly.
My question is has anyone encounter this problem before and how hard it is to change that microswitch by oneself? It seems that one need to take off some parts (lamp, bumper) to reach that microswitch.
thanks
thanks.

· Registered
1,364 Posts
Re: microswitch underneath the hood (thomasye)

If your alarm system still works properly, like mine does with a broken door button, then just ignore it. You can test it by opening a door from inside with remote in hand of course. All the tooting horn does is tell you one security switch thing was not closed properly but all else is good. Or try finding the microswitch and tap it with something, could just be temperature related. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.