VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: Might as well put this all in one place... (Mr. Coupe)

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Coupe »
its always the long hair goons that get the babes...

car lookin like its gonna be even more ill. hopefully see u at h2o again matching ur ride again.

haha if being a goon gets me girlfriends like the one I've got, so be it

and i dont get it, matching my car?

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
Re: Might as well put this all in one place... (9IN3TH1NG5)

Quote, originally posted by 9IN3TH1NG5 »
and i dont get it, matching my car?

like ur clothes and hat matched your car as far as i remember.
and im not dissin u cause of ur hair or being a goon since i
dont even know u. i was just saying since she is a good looking
girl.

Modified by Mr. Coupe at 7:15 PM 4-15-2007

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Re:

Today we cleaned out the bay, took 16v fuel lines/pump/etc off Dave's jetta, and got things ready. Needed a ValveCover gasket and flywheel bolts, dealer wanted nearly 60$ for a damn VC gasket. HA!
anyway, on to pictures:
the bay before

the bay after

Goon'n

haha so Dave & I were draining the jetta's tank to pull the fuel lines and stuff, and once the [5gallon] bucket was like 1/3 full and the stream of fuel coming out was down to a slow drizzle, we decided to break for lunch.
mistake. came back to this:

had to scoop out fuel with a cup, hah

anyway, all thats left to do is:
-Get a new fuel accumulator
-Plum the fuel system
-Valve cover gasket
-Flywheel stretch bolts
-Drop the motor
-Wiring.
Don't get back to the garage until monday, so I'm just getting all that stuff ready in the meantime

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Re: Re: (Kraftw3rkJetta)

the left rear strut tower on that jetta needs to be replaced. Its rusted. upper stut bushing could pop through at any time

Depends on your definition of 'clean' really. The front strut towers are in good shape and so is the crossmember. Fenders are all rusted.
I'm moving to FL in a couple months and need rid of the shell so come have at it if you want.
But yeah this thread ain't about my jetta.
We had some of the worst weather in months dog us the last few days and it was hard to get motivated but we got a fair amount done. I can't complain at all. The motor goes in as soon as I have a spare day...which seem to be as far between as the spots on my garage floor that aren't covered with A1 parts of some nature. Further updates as events warrant...

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Re: Re: (huntenrabbit)

Quote, originally posted by huntenrabbit »
hey you still got your side draft? and i really would like to know how much for the valve cover if you got it still...

Side draft went to the person who posted above you, and I sent you a PM http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Re: Re: (der hare)

Quote, originally posted by der hare »
nice man
looking forward to progress pics

Well here you go

How we last left it:

We went out and looked at engine hoists, because no one we knew that had one was free to bring it over, so we decided to get "creative"
Jacked the car up, scootched the motor under, took off the wheels, and lowered the car [with some finessing of the engine] on two jacks untill we were literally just bolting the motor sitting on the floor to the car... sitting on the floor

easy peasy lemon squeezy

List for this saturday:
-Fuel lines
-Clutch cable
-Intake manifold
-Throttle body & injector lines [new injector O rings]
-A'arm cross member
-Any other little odds and ends we come across
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
20,821 Posts
is it running yet?
call me when it is and put the phone behind the exhaust.
-j

21 - 40 of 170 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.