·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Re: (VWralley)

Quote, originally posted by VWralley »
awesome man, ive done motors that way too, its the o.g. way

keep up the good work

it was actually surprisingly easy. after we got it lined up right [and removed all the shift linkage, which we should've done in the first place] it was just a matter of getting the car low enough around the motor. Saved ourselves atleast 170$.
Actually having the motor in is a big motivational boost. Kind of like the end is on the horizion type thing. [I was going somewhere else with that, but It got away from me, haha]

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Re: (9IN3TH1NG5)

up from under is the way to do it. Done several myself and only did the top drop once, going back to your method. I am about to do the same with my 16v, but I luckily have a 1 ton engine hoist. I won't be lifting the engine however. I'll be bolting chains to the bumper mounts and lifting the front of the car with it instead. Cake to lift and lower around the engine. I bought a stand to rebuild the engine on, but found this hoist by my friends house for $75 including a leveler on craigslist. Returned the stand and convinced my buddy to split it with me (he actually paid $40 of $75 - sucka)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Re: (blubayou)

yeah a hoist would've made it a little easier to position the car around the motor or even to have the motor like an inch off the ground just to be able to freely swing it too and fro to clear stuff as the cars lowered

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Re: Re: (XchesapeakebaysidegliX)

Quote, originally posted by XchesapeakebaysidegliX »
I move away in June...maybe I'll get to take a ride in this thing before I go so I can experience the monster I helped create

if we get this wiring situation sorted out that should be no problem

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Re: Re: (XchesapeakebaysidegliX)

Quote, originally posted by XchesapeakebaysidegliX »
We definitely a good day on sunday
lots of work yet to do but the heavy stuff is done.
I move away in June...maybe I'll get to take a ride in this thing before I go so I can experience the monster I helped create

You moving away with the shetzster?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Re: (broken teef)

Quote, originally posted by broken teef »
Posting this for Tim:

thanks duder.

went to daves today to pick up some parts which people had bought. [gettin em shipped tomorrow http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
] and had bought a memory card for my digital camera today, no more crappy phone pics

everythings still dirty and just kind of "in there"

was kind of blind on the wiring situation, but turns out dave had a Passat motronic ce2 harness for me

[thanks dave
]

all is well in the land of volckswahginz

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Re: (XchesapeakebaysidegliX)

haha well I took off the hard, loose, gross, melty, oily factory plastic casing from the harness, and after raw raw hands and having the age of my back advanced to that of a 70yr old, its clean & rewrapped.

pictures in a little bit, need to find the upload dealie

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Re: (tobiwonkonobi)

of course, I dont know where that harness's been

hahah, but is there anyone that knows a place that sells those lines? from the dizzy to the injector
edit:
[oops, posted as my buddy
]

Modified by broken teef at 9:55 AM 4-26-2007

41 - 60 of 170 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.