VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

i'm looking into purchasing a b6 passat wagon when it comes time to turn my TDI sportwagen in... anything i should be aware of? issues at XXX,XXX miles?

anyone know of any Facebook classified groups i could join to buy/sell/trade in addition to VWVortex?

thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just bought a 2010 2.0T Passat Wagon. 2010 was the last year for the wagon to be sold in the U.S., and the only year where the TSI engine and the dual-clutch tiptronic transmission were available in U.S.-spec Passat Wagons. It's somewhat unique in that respect.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
hey all,

i'm looking into purchasing a b6 passat wagon when it comes time to turn my TDI sportwagen in... anything i should be aware of? issues at XXX,XXX miles?

anyone know of any Facebook classified groups i could join to buy/sell/trade in addition to VWVortex?

thanks!
I just did the same thing. I picked up an 07 Wagon 2.0t with over 110k on it after VW bought back my Jetta TDI. I have read to make sure that the cam follower, timing belt/water pump, carbon buildup cleaning and transmission fluids are all up to date over 100k. Also, mine has the APR Stage 1 tune and my coilpacks were bad. Just put the new R8 redtops and it has been night and day difference. That's all I got. Search is definitely your friend. Good luck!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just did the same thing. I picked up an 07 Wagon 2.0t with over 110k on it after VW bought back my Jetta TDI. I have read to make sure that the cam follower, timing belt/water pump, carbon buildup cleaning and transmission fluids are all up to date over 100k. Also, mine has the APR Stage 1 tune and my coilpacks were bad. Just put the new R8 redtops and it has been night and day difference. That's all I got. Search is definitely your friend. Good luck!
thanks for the reply... how many miles did your TDI have?

i'm at about 73,000 right now and i just HATE the thought of getting rid of it for something that has 100k+ miles on it. the price is definitely reasonable on the b6 wagons too which is drawing my attention

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you don't mind,what is the going prices for these wagons? Just curious as I have an '07 B6 wagon going on 97,000 miles,still runs very well,looking to have the belts and water pump this Spring.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
thanks for the reply... how many miles did your TDI have?

i'm at about 73,000 right now and i just HATE the thought of getting rid of it for something that has 100k+ miles on it. the price is definitely reasonable on the b6 wagons too which is drawing my attention
I had 84,000 on it. They gave me a check for $19,600 and it was paid off. It made sense financially for myself and my family to do the buyback. With that money we paid off all our debt except our home, my wife's SUV (owe 12k on it) and student loans and I was able to buy the wagon. I got it for $6400, but all maintenance was up to date. You can probably get one with similar miles for under 5k.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
If you don't mind,what is the going prices for these wagons? Just curious as I have an '07 B6 wagon going on 97,000 miles,still runs very well,looking to have the belts and water pump this Spring.
I'm seeing anywhere from like $3500-$10k depending on year and mileage. Mine is an 07 with 115k (going up daily) that I bought 3 months ago with 111k for $6400. The timing belt and water pump and general maintenance were done at 93k when the previous owner (my friend and mechanic) purchased it for his wife. The only other thing I have done so far is changed out the coil packs. The car has an APR Stage 1 tune that wasn't turned on. I turned it on and within a week my car started to misfire. I put on the R8 Red top coil packs and the things is wonderful now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.