VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was browsing around autotrader and bargainnews and I found a 97 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo 6spd with some BPU modifications and full body kit and rims for sale. I talked to the guy and he said that he has all service records. He is the 2nd owner and the car is in MINT condition.
If all goes good I might be getting the car by the end of this month. If I can afford to have the supra and the GLI under my insurance I might keep both cars. If not its bye bye to the GLI. Call me crazy but the Mk4 supras have always been my dream cars. As you guys know, I owned a couple of MKIII's in the past and loved them.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Re: (GLI_Bl0nd1e)

Quote, originally posted by GLI_Bl0nd1e »
In the past day ive heard of three people sayin byebye to them, is everyone abandoning their GLI's?

not me. . . .
well dude, GL w/ the Supra & everything. i see from your sig that you have a Rabbit, & that's the best kinda Dub to have

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Re: Might Be Saying Bye Bye To The GLI (1.8t_GLI)

Agree, the MKIV Supra is one of the top cars on my list also! My brother has a '94 Baltic Blue N/A 5 speed. Many times I have wished it was a turbo. There may be a swap in the future! What color is the car that is being sold? Sorry guys, but I too, would sacrifice my 20th for a Supra TT. Those cars are just so mod-friendly, it's almost rediculous.
Out with Vortex(?), in with http://www.supraforums.com.

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
Re: (hitman 1.8T)

Good luck with the Supra, I was actually looking at TT Supras last week before I bought my 337 last night. I just decided the Supras were too much money for such an old car. It really is a dream car, I just decided buying a $20-24k 12 y/o car w/ around 80-100k miles wasn't the best idea, even if it is a Toyota.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Re: (VWTornado)

My GLI is sitting in the driveway broken and ripped apart, and it's being a pain to get back together. I wish I could just kick it out and get a new one.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Definetly go for the supra, a buddy of mine has a supra, the thing is sick, it has the world record for the fastest quarter mile time on stock internals. I also have another friend who had the TT converted to a ST, and it is one of the craziest cars I have ever been in. There is amazing possibilites with that car !

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Might Be Saying Bye Bye To The GLI (awglx)

Car is located in NY area. I talked to the guy some more today. He might be coming up to CT with the car so I can take a look at it. And the price is pretty much a steal for a 97 with 54k miles on it. The guy put the car through shows. It was never raced and he never dynoed it.

The color is silver and has a full blitz body kit (I kinda hate the front bumper though) but I can get used to it till I find something better for it. It also has a system with a touch screen clarion TV.
I would love to keep the GLI but insurance says its gotta go, than its gotta go. Ill have the rabbit for VW though. To get me through the winters.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Re: Might Be Saying Bye Bye To The GLI (1.8t_GLI)

Is the car still using the stock twin turbo setup?
As far as more go-fast parts, I'd talk to Rich Cambell @ The Performance Parts Store in stratford, he was running a 700+hp MkIV Supra for a few years until it met it's maker a few years back, I'm not sure if Rich is still kicking around Stratford, but he'd be the first person in CT I would ask, or you can take a ride down to NY and go see Greg @ Paisley Racing
http://www.craigpaisley.com/homepage.html

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Might Be Saying Bye Bye To The GLI (dcomiskey)

Yeah everything in the motor is stock except from the FMIC and the turboback exhaust and ofcourse the BOV. Other than that he said its in mint condition. Ill take his word for it cause he is driving the car up here tomorrow so I can see it. If I like it than he can walk or take the bus back to NY....lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.