VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
although i thought i'd never sell my GTI, an opportunity of a lifetime has presented itself. my brother is moving to london to attend London business school and instead of selling his M coupe he has offered to give me the coupe in exchange for whatever i get from the GTI. he would really prefer the coupe to stay in the family rather than selling it. just giving you a heads up that there is a 99% chance you'll see my car in the classifieds withing the next two weeks. by the way anybody know what i should ask for the GTI? here's a pic of the soon to be departed vw.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Re: might have to let her go? (club350.com)

all I have to say is welcome to the M family
You are going to love the car it is a great machine. What year are you getting? The newer M with the 315hp is actually faster then the new E46 M3 like the one I have... either way you are going to enjoy the car it is very fast!
congrats http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Re: might have to let her go? (NCR1.8T)

I say you sell the dub. get the M.....sell it for 45k..make a 30k profit. buy a 03 gti 1.8 cash. drop a W8 in there/turbo. just kidding
good deal.
congradulations on the future M. call me crazy but I would sell it. get a used carrera or be the 1st to turbocharge an r32.
for me the M is just too perfect stock. its nice to not have to spend more $$ but I would feel restless not spending $$ on modifying/personalizing my car

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Re: might have to let her go? (boraman717)

M's are discontinued. as if they weren't rare enough already. take the M and live happily ever after.

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
Re: might have to let her go? (selnashar)

You'd have to be a fool not to take the M coupe. That car is easily 3x the value of your GTI.

·
Registered
381 Posts
for those that think the M coupe is rare, please visit South Florida and you will see at least 2 to 3 a day. At least in the Boca Raton, Delray Beach area I can count 4 daily dirvers. Very fast, Very sexy but not very rare

·
Registered
8,445 Posts

With the opportunity of the M sitting there you would be stupid/crazy not to sell the GTi and take the M.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: might have to let her go? (UTdaneVW)

so how much should i ask for the GTI? it's a 2000 GLX with 62000 miles. by the way the M is a 99, the 240 hp model not the 315.

·
Registered
15,089 Posts

I've seen similar GTI's run about $15,000-$16,000 around here. Your mods may be worth less to some, more to others.
Andrew

·
Registered
687 Posts

Quote, originally posted by selnashar »
so how much should i ask for the GTI? it's a 2000 GLX with 62000 miles. by the way the M is a 99, the 240 hp model not the 315.

either way you are going to like it. I used to have a 99 M3 before the 01 M3, and with a few Dinan upgrades the car is a beast! Not to mention the stock 240 wasn't too shabby!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts