VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 'lil bro is looking at an '87 GTI 16V, which has 145,000 mi on it. Now if it was an 8V, the milage wouldn't be as big of an issue, but it is a 16V and, from what I've seen, they don't typically last as long as the 8-valvers. I haven't seen the car in person yet, but the car looks real clean in the pics. How long do the 16V last? What should he expect to pay for it? The guy is asking $3k for the car plus a set of 15x7's and tires, which is too high in my opinion. Any help is, as always, appreciated.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: mileage "limits" for an '87 16V? (bpfoley)

thanks for the help guys. I just bought myself an '88 8V ($400) a couple of months ago. It's sort of a project car and a grocery getter since I'm rackin up the miles on my mkIV. Of course, my youngest brother (14)already has eyes on it with a list of mods in hand!
I guess this guy is the original owner and has "all documentation". I'll probably take a look at it this weekend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.