VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that when I use strickly Cheveron gas I get to 150 miles when I reach the half tank mark on the gas tank indicator. When I use 76 gas, I noticed that I reach 200 miles at the half tank mark. Someone told me that Cheveron uses a lot of "Techroline" (sp) that is why I get less gas milage w/ Chevron. Any comments...?
Gas used is 91 in Calif. if that makes a difference.
Second question... I have been getting this little ticking noise when I drive like 5 mile/hours in the underground garage. The ticking seems to be coming from the front driverside wheel area. I tried to pin point the noise BUT I could not find it. When I drive faster, I can not hear a thing. Any comments on this... ?
My car is an 01 Jetta Wolf w/ 30K miles if that makes a difference.
Thanks!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Re: Miles/Gallon 76 vs. Cheveron and second Question re: Ticking noise (MarkusWolf)

I only use Cheveron, so I am curious about this as well, I average 380miles a tank...I think the tank size is the same between 1.8t models??? 14.5gal???

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Re: Miles/Gallon 76 vs. Cheveron and second Question re: Ticking noise (bunker23)

Damn, 380 miles per tank?!? I see about 250 miles running 94 octane in my VR6. But, I do a mixture of highway and city. Are yours mostly highway miles?

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Re: Miles/Gallon 76 vs. Cheveron and second Question re: Ticking noise (frankwhite2000)

No matter what brand of gas I use(always 93), I always get like 460-475 per tank.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Re: Miles/Gallon 76 vs. Cheveron and second Question re: Ticking noise (01 Wolfsburg)

Holy moly....I wish I got 470 to a tank! I do regularly get about 380; that's with mixed city/highway, with/without AC in hot, sticky south Florida.
I use either Chevron or Amoco, always 93.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Re: Miles/Gallon 76 vs. Cheveron and second Question re: Ticking noise (frankwhite2000)

same as you it's a mix..................

It seems like something might be wrong with your car???

Modified by bunker23 at 1:06 AM 7-2-2003

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Re: Miles/Gallon 76 vs. Cheveron and second Question re: Ticking noise (MarkusWolf)

Chevron runs thinner than 76 gas because of the Techtron. That is why it runs cleaner than most gases.
Damn people are lucky if you get more than 350 mpg. I get about 280 miles when the light comes up.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts

Quote, originally posted by MarkusWolf »
I noticed that when I use strickly Cheveron gas I get to 150 miles when I reach the half tank mark on the gas tank indicator. When I use 76 gas, I noticed that I reach 200 miles at the half tank mark.

What? You get 20 mpg on Chevron but 27 mpg on 76? You really expect us to believe there's that much of a mileage difference between two fuels? No offense, but this really doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Re: Miles/Gallon 76 vs. Cheveron and second Question re: Ticking noise (dmkozak)

Quote, originally posted by dmkozak »

What? You get 20 mpg on Chevron but 27 mpg on 76? You really expect us to believe there's that much of a mileage difference between two fuels? No offense, but this really doesn't make sense.

I get about 20-21 mpg on chevron and around 25-27 from 76. No lie!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts