VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

How many miles did your R have when you took delivery?

I'm asking because I ordered one, and when I came to see my R (still having the blue transparent tape that protects the door sill from scratches, plastic protector on floor mats, etc.), the odometer shows 38 miles.

I thought 38 is high for a brand new car. When I asked my salesman, he agreed that it was high, but he guaranteed me that no one has driven the car after it was delivered. He also mentioned that it could be port miles.

Have you guys heard of "port miles"?

TIA.

·
Banned
53,531 Posts
.....How many miles did your R have when you took delivery?.....the odometer shows 38 miles......mentioned that it could be port miles.....
The car has to be moved from plant to port and port to transporter. Some cars receive a quality audit before they leave the plant. 38 miles is not high for a new car shipped from 3k-plus miles away.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
If I remember right, mine had 23 at delivery. The salesman and I spent about 30 minutes taking the cover off the car and plastic bags off the interior. They had only done the required mechanical checks and removed the suspension blocks.

38 sounds a little higher than normal, but not dramatically so. There have been several discussions on this topic and it seems that 20-30 is pretty normal. Some people have gotten their cars with less than 20, and very few with less than 10.

·
Registered
2016 Mazda MX-5 Club, 2012 Golf R, 2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium
2,232 Posts
FV-QR

Ours had 84.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm on the high end here and had 96 when I went out for my test drive, so actually a bit over 100 when I made the purchase afterwards.

Was an ordered vehicle that had been backed out of, so it had been on the lot for a bit and had a number of prior test drives of course.

Car still rules :D

·
Registered
41,120 Posts

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.