VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many KMS/Miles do you guys get per tank? I just got my bunny today and want to see what i should be looking at getting.. it only cost $15/CND to fill which is like 8 USD...
That rules!
Ryan

·
Registered
298 Posts
Re: Milgeage pre tank? (Corradoholic)

Full on freeway driving I get about 230 miles on about 8 gallons more like 175 to about 7 gallons on the street.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Re: Milgeage pre tank? (8416V)

Bah, full tnak with mixed city/highway driving (highway driving done at 115km/h+) with a 4K tranny in my 84GTI...... I get apprx 475km per tank every time, using about 36.5L every time (+/- 1L)
That works out to....... mmmm....... 33mpg?
-Sean

·
Registered
10,117 Posts

Holy crap, gas is cheap on the west coast!!
Here, it costs me $22 to fill up with DIESEL for crying out loud!

As for mileage, if I'm not pushing it, I've gone as far as 740km on a tank.
Normal everyday driving gets me between 500 and 600km in the summer, 450 to 550km in the winter. My mileage has been dipping since I got the turbodiesel put in, though. I just can't keep my foot off the go pedal
That's filling up with 32 liters of diesel fuel (I never let it dip into the red).

·
Registered
121 Posts

I get almost 300 miles to a tank driving in the city with a 84 Gti. I believe that it's a 10 gallon tank too. With a little more tweaking I think I will get it over 30mpg in the city.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Re: Milgeage pre tank? (84RabbitMan)

Would my 16V motor get worse mileage than an 8V. 4K tranny and it seems I'm only getting about 23-26 mpg.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Re: Milgeage pre tank? (8416V)

I just got 26.5 mpg on the highway doing 75-80 for a full tank with about a 30-40 mph headwind, thats with a 1.8 16v 2h tranny and 2 adults and 2 kids. I thought that was pretty good, can't help but keep my foot out of it in the city. Oh thats right i drive country roads everyday
and i get a constant 23-25 mpg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts