VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

MILLTEK Exhaust...tried to find it in some topics...no love. Anyone have it?

661 views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  c1gti 
#1 ·
First mod is going to be new cat back system.
Have heard some good things about MILLTEK and just curious if anyone has it...
1) Is the valence difficult to install?
2) How's the exhaust tone? (Don't want it to sound like a pimped out Civic)
3) Power differences?
My car is the 2002 1.8T GTI. Thanks for any responses.

#2 ·
Re: MILLTEK Exhaust...tried to find it in some topics...no love. Anyone have it? (Tronious)

Get in touch with BrandonC, he has one on his 1.8T and it is a terrific exhaust IMO. So much so that I am strongly considering one for my VR6.
1) No
2) Very nice, very subtle. Definitely not a pimped out Civic sound, it is very mellow though, so no waking up the neighbors either, if that's what you're looking for.
3) Our ass dynoes have registered in increase in hp and tq, no real dynoes yet, but the difference is very noticeable.

#4 ·
Re: MILLTEK Exhaust...tried to find it in some topics...no love. Anyone have it? (Tronious)

I have one one the way. Once its on, I hope by the 19th I will follow up. If your in the Philly area let me know and I'd be happy to meet up....

#5 ·
Re: MILLTEK Exhaust...tried to find it in some topics...no love. Anyone have it? (CO Boy)

I'm actually from the 'burgh (Pittsburgh-STEELERS SUCK!). If I didn't live the glorious life of a software engineer (in other words I don't have time to breath let alone drive out to Philly)
I'd drive out to Philly in a heart beat. Lemme know as soon as you get it...how much to install or if you installed it yourself how difficult/easy. Seems to me should be pretty easy. How much was the shipping? And how much did the whole setup cost you? I assume you got the valence right?
Thanks!

#6 ·
Re: MILLTEK Exhaust...tried to find it in some topics...no love. Anyone have it? (roadsleeper)

quote:[HR][/HR]Get in touch with BrandonC, he has one on his 1.8T and it is a terrific exhaust IMO. So much so that I am strongly considering one for my VR6.
[HR][/HR]​
*Ahem* I have arrived.

Anyways....yeah, what Adrian said. It's an awesome system, excellent build quality. Very low-key sound. I haven't heard it from outside the car, but inside it's very nice. No drone on the highway, just a nice low roar-type sound when you get on the gas. There are definite power gains, especially on the top-end. Pair that thing with an Upsolute chip and you'll be in business.

#9 ·

I did a chip first, then the exhaust a few months later. The chip is definitely the bigger (and cheaper) power improvement, but the Milltek does a lot in the looks department.
Adrian -- tonight probably won't work out, but sometime later this week will. Lemme know.

#11 ·

Quote; "If I didn't live the glorious life of a software engineer"
Ha, I know what its like... I'm not a software engineer, but I do work for a successful dot.com start-up.
At least we are celebrating Fat Tuesday in the office.....

#13 ·
Re: MILLTEK Exhaust...tried to find it in some topics...no love. Anyone have it? (CO Boy)

I have the VR6 one at home ... here is a thread I started with some pics and info regarding it:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=243277
I will be installing it next Wednesday and then will have pics, sound clips and before/after dyno pulls. Stay tuned.

#14 ·
Re: MILLTEK Exhaust...tried to find it in some topics...no love. Anyone have it? (BrandonC)

quote:[HR][/HR]There are definite power gains, especially on the top-end. Pair that thing with an Upsolute chip and you'll be in business.
[HR][/HR]​
Or better yet, an APR or GIAC chip! Hehe

#15 ·
Re: MILLTEK Exhaust...tried to find it in some topics...no love. Anyone have it? (einsig)

Quote:
"Are they hiring? What positions do they have?"
Email me directly; johncoctosten@hotmail.com.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#18 ·
Re: MILLTEK Exhaust...tried to find it in some topics...no love. Anyone have it? (noahlh)

it is a great exhaust, one of the best in build quality, it's just too quiet for me...a lot of people will appreciate the low deep quiet refined tone.
me, i think the roar and drone of a loud exhaust is music to my ears.
i am going to get the 2.5" TT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.