VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1941 - 1960 of 1983 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Very nice! I miss the posts that people put up on Friday's :(

On a different note... I'm not sure who is still following this thread, but I figured I would post it on here anyways about the cruise/gtg I'm having on October 20th in Sturgeon Bay. It's a mostly euro cruise/gtg, but if you have switched to a different brand, that's fine by me. :thumbup:

Here's a link to the cruise/gtg. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=488865

Hope to see you in October :beer:

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
This place is dead.....where did everyone go?
It seems like everyone has migrated over to Facebook sadly. It's pretty annoying to follow along with peoples posts on FB imo. I like how clean, neat, and organized the forums are compared to how you have join so many different groups to follow Audis, VW, and then you have join a group for each generation of car, so it's time consuming to go from one group to the next.

Just my .02

·
Registered
162 Posts
I’m here too! Here’s my Quattro going stage 2 at European Performance Group just this past week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Would anyone drive down to Illinois for a GTG? I use to plan a few GTG cruises paired with some good food. Or even a Brat Stop GTG. It wouldn't be anytime soon, maybe later in the summer to make room for planning and organizing but I feel like I don't see any cruises besides the bigger sponsored events.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,420 Posts

I check this thread everyday too I’ve just moved over to audizine though. Hey Matt are you still in the Burlington area?
Nice looking A3! I'm sure you wish it was an RS3 or you will after watching these 2 videos featuring Iroz Motorsports RS3 builds.

I'd have to go for the TTRS in this video. :)

Would anyone drive down to Illinois for a GTG? I use to plan a few GTG cruises paired with some good food. Or even a Brat Stop GTG. It wouldn't be anytime soon, maybe later in the summer to make room for planning and organizing but I feel like I don't see any cruises besides the bigger sponsored events.

It's kind of a long state to drive from north to south, so it would help to specify what area of IL you would have the GTG in? ;)

Otherwise depending on when and where, I'd be interested in attending.

I usually host a GTG up in the Green Bay area, Sturgeon Bay to be more precise every fall if you were interested in making the trip up for that.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Nice looking A3! I'm sure you wish it was an RS3 or you will after watching these 2 videos featuring Iroz Motorsports RS3 builds.

I'd have to go for the TTRS in this video. :)

It's kind of a long state to drive from north to south, so it would help to specify what area of IL you would have the GTG in? ;)

Otherwise depending on when and where, I'd be interested in attending.

I usually host a GTG up in the Green Bay area, Sturgeon Bay to be more precise every fall if you were interested in making the trip up for that.
I go to Packer games a lot so the drive isn't too bad. I like the long open roads. I'm in Chicago btw. But I'd make it and if anyone was able to the more the merrier for meets.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I go to Packer games a lot so the drive isn't too bad. I like the long open roads. I'm in Chicago btw. But I'd make it and if anyone was able to the more the merrier for meets.

I'll post the date of the GTG in a month or so to let you know when it is and if you don't feel like making the drive in the morning, you're more than welcome to crash at my place the night before. That goes for anyone else that lives more than 3 hours away from Sturgeon Bay, WI.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I'll post the date of the GTG in a month or so to let you know when it is and if you don't feel like making the drive in the morning, you're more than welcome to crash at my place the night before. That goes for anyone else that lives more than 3 hours away from Sturgeon Bay, WI.
That's super chill of you man, I would honestly take you up on that. Let me know when you know so I can try to work it around my work schedule.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
That's super chill of you man, I would honestly take you up on that. Let me know when you know so I can try to work it around my work schedule.

I know I wouldn't wanna leave Chicago at 5 AM and then drive for 4 hours to attend a cruise/GTG that starts at 9 AM and then spend ~4-5 hours at the cruise/GTG, only to turn around and drive 4 hours back to Chicago. :screwy: So you or anyone else that has to drive a decent distance is more than welcome to stay at my place(I have room for 2-3 people at my place).

I'll definitely keep everyone in the loop on when the cruise/GTG will be. :thumbup:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Would anyone drive down to Illinois for a GTG? I use to plan a few GTG cruises paired with some good food.
Absolutely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
It’s actually my least favorite Audi I’ve owned especially since my previous was a b7 s4. The dsg ruins the whole experience for me. unfortunately I have to keep it for a few years but I’m putting coilovers on in few weeks so that will make it at least visually tolerable

1941 - 1960 of 1983 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.