VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
My dealer has nothing on this either outside of it being likely 'non-serviceable'. They said they could look into it but I told them to just forget about it. I'd rather wait for the weather to warm up and then struggle to do it on my own than send someone else in blind and looking for drain plugs :eek:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Nice addition and I like the recycling of the ketchup pump :thumbup:

But I can't help but wonder about that reverse fill method. Used the adapter just for the sake of finding a use for it, or was the outside diameter of the hose too large to fit inside the fill port?

If the hose was too large, and anyone else runs into that problem, one way to get around that is to cut a slit into the end of hose and maybe cut out a strip until you can fold the hose enough to fit it in.

I didn't notice this post earlier.

Yes, you're right you can do it with the "proper/easy" way of course. The hose would have fit through the top hole, I suppose.
Just wanted to demonstrate if the access is poor that you can do it this way as well.
Sure some will get out when you take the hose off and insert the plug, but its not much really.

-A

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm guessing bevel box fluid and rear differential(final drive) fluid are same???

now same part number??? Dealer gave me same fluids except haldex fluid...
It is not!

List of oils: (confirmed by Audi_Mechanic)

Haldex: https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-R32_MKV--3.2/ES2062517/
HALDEX OIL: G 055 175 A2 OR G 060 175 A2
**If your rear final drive unit part # starts with 0AV, use haldex oil G 055 175 A2. If your rear final drive starts with 0BR, G 060 175 A2. (thread page 2 with additional info)**

Rear Diff: https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-R32_MKV--3.2/ES2765922/ (ECS-Tuning has wrong picture on rear diff oil)
REAR DIFF: G 052 145 A1

Bevel box: https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-R32_MKV--3.2/ES2777105/
BEVEL BOX: G 052 145 S2

-A

·
Registered
183 Posts
even the part number is different, If you tell dealership they will give you same fluid. (maybe dealership I deal with don't know much???)

they saying, now it is same part number..that's what they saying

·
Registered
266 Posts
even the part number is different, If you tell dealership they will give you same fluid. (maybe dealership I deal with don't know much???)

Haha! :D
That's the same thing like saying Pepsi and Coke is the same drink.

Get it somewhere else. If that's truly what they're saying I'd avoid the place for future occasions! ;)
The authorized VW dealerships have this for sure.

-A

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

You can show up with the part #'s you want and just purchase the parts, they don't need to know what you're using them for. If they insist, ask for a different parts tech, parts manager.

If they won't comply, you call an Audi dealer's parts department. The RS5 rear diff gear oil uses the same part # as our bevel box (I checked both charts to make sure) and it gets changed at 40k mile service intervals, so they should have it on the shelf. That is if they get regular RS5 customers. Oil for rear diff sport clutches also gets replaced, comes in a white bottle which is NOT what you want.

The part # I listed is what I put into my car. Hasn't eaten itself alive.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Damn Audi!

The part # for Haldex oil that nall3karhu posted is different than what I listed originally. I will need to do some more digging to find out for sure what the correct # is but I think what he listed is correct.

2008 A3 fluid capacity chart lists G 060 175 A2 for 0AV and 0BR rear final drives
2009 A3 chart lists G 055 175 A2 for both 0AV and 0BR
2010 A3 chart lists G 060 175 A2 for 02D/0AV
2011 A3 chart G 060 175 A2 for 02D/0AV
2012 A3 chart G 060 175 A2 for 02D/0AV

Shenanigans with this company always. Tomorrow I'll check with my parts department to see what ETKA lists for the haldex unit on a 0AV rear diff which is what my R32 has. Fluid capacity charts for both the TT and A3 list both part #'s for the 0AV (with generation 2 haldex) and 0BR (with gen 4 haldex) rear final drive haldex units. Repair manual says that they use different oils for the haldex unit. I don't remember what part # I used when I replaced my haldex oil a couple years ago but I probably used the part # off ECS.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I checked with my parts department and if your rear final drive unit part # starts with 0AV, use haldex oil G 055 175 A2. If your rear final drive starts with 0BR, G 060 175 A2. Next time I have my car in the air, I'll take a picture to show how to identify.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
:banghead: Dammit. Shenanigans again. That VW chart shows the part # for rear diff is the same as what I've found to be for the bevel box. I'm going to have to stop trusting those fluid capacity charts and go only by what ETKA says. Tomorrow I'll see what etka lists for the 0AV rear diff gear oil and the bevel box for 02E dsg.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Final verdict, rear diff and bevel box do use the same oil part #. Trusting Audi's fluid capacity chart was a fail.

Rear final drive 0AV and 0BR use gear oil G 052 145 S2 in the gear section.
Bevel box that is used on 02E DSG with 0AV rear final drive takes the same oil as above. Fluid capacity chart for 08 A3 3.2 was giving me a different part # for rear final drive oil used on the 0AV, was almost the same as above but the suffix was A1. Sorry if anyone purchased/used the wrong oil in their rear diff but I was foiled by Audi's bad info.

Took a picture of a customer's 2012 TT rear diff to point out how to identify which final drive you have. This car is using the newer 0BR final drive. My 08 R32 has 0AV, something I verified before I purchased HPA's haldex controller.

Red circle is the haldex drain bolt, section in yellow is the first 3 digits of rear final drive part #.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts

Does this earlier drain plug use a sealing washer at all?

21 - 40 of 51 Posts