VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its funny, i've for so long had crappy sounding stereos that this thing i installed today has been a complete godsend.
rockford fosgate 160.2, with a 10" rf "punch" sub, in a box. i got it all at a deal i couldnt pass up from a friend who recently changed the focus of his audio shop.
now i'm the arshole on the street with the boom boom boom lol. i always wanted to be that guy.
i know its practically a 'too small, whatever' setup compared to 90% of the setups in here, but wow, what a difference it makes to have bass after being deprived of it all this time.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Re: mini-ice, what'choo running? (spoonie)

i got a JL 10 with a JL 250 amp earlier this year, and ive been real happy with it
but i have no clue how guys with three 12s stuffed in their trunks can possibly use all that bass...

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Re: mini-ice, what'choo running? (corduroy79)

I have a selfpowered Kenwood 10" sub in the trunk. Small, plenty of bass for me! 3 12's would be crazy!

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
i had some 700x1 watt amp and a JL 12w3 but then i sold it cuz i was just sick of the noise. Dont really think id get a sub again. Well maybe a little 8 or somthing

·
Registered
641 Posts
Re: (mongooseh)

Quote, originally posted by mongooseh »
i had some 700x1 watt amp and a JL 12w3 but then i sold it cuz i was just sick of the noise. Dont really think id get a sub again. Well maybe a little 8 or somthing

Yeah I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I had 2 10's and a 600 watt amp and it was just too much. I think I'm gonna get two low-powered 8's on either side of the hatch or something. would be small and plenty to fill in the low end.

·
Registered
22,604 Posts
Re: mini-ice, what'choo running? (spoonie)

Heres mine. Too much by some peoples standards but just right for me. Not crazy amounts of power but good clean sound. The subs are completely removable and I have a 8" tube I can put in its place. What do you think?

Consists of:
Infinity 2 ways in the doors
Infinity tweets in dash
RF 2 ways in rear deck
2-12" Pyle Pro subs
1 RF 100.2 amp
1 RF Punch 30 amp
1 Soundstream d100 amp

·
Registered
14,608 Posts
Re: mini-ice, what'choo running? (thewhitsnpt)

I have Alpine 500 classD amp 900w I think and 2 12" JL Audio subs. The amp is all digital so you can add a control center for it which alows you do adjust anything on the amp from your seat. It also alows you to adjust the volume/level of your subs so it suits you. Some songs have more bass some less so I adjust it to whatever I want to. With 2 12's I get a nicer cleaner sound than with one, more subs dont mean they are going to be crazy loud. Just get a volume control for your sub amp if its made for one and adjust it to whatever you want. Lightning Audio amps came with it (some of them).
The people you see around with stupid loud systems usually just want to attract attention, but I dont. I like it for myself.
Do some research about what will best suit your needs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts