VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
15,160 Posts
Copy paste, copy paste, copy paste.... That is all you do. Whole damn articles. Ever come up with anything resembling an original thought? Probably not. Generally, that's called Plagerism. Lol. Sad.
Ryukein drives almost all new-car discussion here, what do you do? Oh yeah, argue with people and get banned. Lol. Sad.

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Copy paste, copy paste, copy paste.... That is all you do. Whole damn articles. Ever come up with anything resembling an original thought? Probably not. Generally, that's called Plagerism. Lol. Sad.
Don't be a tw[a]t. Don't click his threads if you don't like them.

·
Registered
23,352 Posts
Jaw protrusion in the front continues. Why?
European pedestrian safety laws, I believe; so the individual is clipped at the angles and flow over the hood versus ran over.

Per the poster above; Convex wheels. Oof. Easy swap unless the offset is something strange to clear the brakes?
The new MINI has had ridiculously high offsets, especially on narrow wheels - perhaps to keep the car width smaller and to tuck the wheel under the slim bodywork.
It's something I've fought with my R55 Clubman - 8" wide wheels can become difficult to place on with a half-decent non-stretched tire.

- Erik

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
Dan, It's What We All Do, Share What We Find, Let It Go

Dan, let me 'splain. Special interest forums are driven by people contributing thoughts and content. That content can come from anywhere and providing links or copying and posting entire pages and photos is an aide to other forum members. We all do it, some do it more often, it's all to the good for all of us.
It's normal and happens on all the time on other forums for other things. Car web sites do this too, like Autoblog, Jalopnik and such. If all you did was post new and interesting information and nothing else Dan, no one would mind. That's why we come here. Find out about new stuff, talk about old, current and new stuff.

I would like Ryukein and the rest to keep on psoting and for you, Dan, to share stuff about your Z06. We're car guys/gals, let's talk cars. And, it's bad form to bash someone for their contribution when when you yourself have not even mentioned the car in this thread and only contributed a personal jab at someone. C'mon Dan. Keep it together. If you crap out again I'm going to have go to Arizona and make that video of your car myself. Don't make me do it! Ha!

About the JCW in general, I'm on the path to buying a FiST. I owe it myself to drive a used Mini, if I could only get past the terrible dealership and that price! As far as looks go, If I can live with the looks of the FiSt, the Cooper should be a shoo in.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I really like everything about it. Except the sundials on the dash. All of them. 98% well done MINI!

·
Banned
2,591 Posts
With it's joke trunk space and Mini's infamous reliability and MSRP, the Miata looks even better when I think about it. :laugh:

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
I'm really liking this gen of JCW models. That Union Jack top is rad!

Yeah, the price and reliability issues are big for me too. But dang, I do like that black/red inerior above and I would love to drive a JCW.
That dash and those seats are nice! It's a nice enough car that I can't outright dismiss it.
Leasing isn't my thing, but if serious about it, I would trying that route.
OP, thanks for the post.

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Mini hardtop in just about any form.

Not such a big fan of the Mini in convertible form.

That said, I'm pretty sure I like Mini convertibles more than Dan.S

·
Banned
987 Posts
Can't be that rusty. Doesn't sound like preschool was that long ago.

Ohh, zingers for days! I like the hypocrisy. You can freely chastise me, in your opinion of what that makes me, yet I'm supposedly not allowed to express mine(opinion), because it makes me "preschool-ish".

yep, you sure told me what...

i I bet you never even noticed that hypocrisy. And I'm the one supposedly fresh from preschool.:confused:

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
Um, How About An Original Thought About the 2016 JCW Convertible?

Say Dan, what do you think about the 2016 JCW convertible?

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
Awesome

Never driven a convertible myself. Dan, neihter one of us have to worry about our hair blowing around though, ha!
Still would like to drive it for a day, then get a hard top.

·
Registered
32,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
2) Per the poster above; Convex wheels. Oof. Easy swap unless the offset is something strange to clear the brakes?
MINI has been experimenting with convex wheels for a while now. I think they only look good in certain cases.

I bet that the car in the OP's post, with all the options it has, is about forty grand.
It could easily be more than that :laugh:

The new MINI has had ridiculously high offsets, especially on narrow wheels - perhaps to keep the car width smaller and to tuck the wheel under the slim bodywork.
It's something I've fought with my R55 Clubman - 8" wide wheels can become difficult to place on with a half-decent non-stretched tire.
Ah, very interesting :beer:

I'm a big fan of the Mini hardtop in just about any form.

Not such a big fan of the Mini in convertible form.
I'd have to agree. I did like the R56 Roadster, though!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts