VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the minimum offset I can use with these tires without rolling the fender lip?
Yes, the car may see some lowering. And it can be different front/rear, I am using 16x7 Volk TE-37 wheels with a +43mm offset right now and will be using spacers to widen the track.

·
Registered
16,879 Posts
Re: Minimum offset with 205/45/16? (LooseNut)

+40 pushes the wheel in the wheelwell +35 pushes the rim out of the wheelwell. I run +35 and only have a sliught bit of rubbing on the inside of the wheel well. I might space the wheel out another 5mm with some spacers.Then my offset would be +30.
I would not run +43 on my corrado

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Re: Minimum offset with 205/45/16? (brilliantyellowg60)

i run 205/40/16 tires with 16" momo arrows, and have a h & r suspension lowered about a inch and a half. NO rubbing at all, and it is nice as hell

[Modified by jininkan, 2:06 PM 12-5-2001]

·
Registered
16,879 Posts
Re: Minimum offset with 205/45/16? (G60ING)

quote:[HR][/HR]+40 pushes the wheel in the wheelwell +35 pushes the rim out of the wheelwell. I run +35 and only have a sliught bit of rubbing on the inside of the wheel well. I might space the wheel out another 5mm with some spacers.Then my offset would be +30.
I would not run +43 on my corrado[HR][/HR]​
The rubbing I'm referring to is when at a full turn of the steerring wheel like when making VERY sharp U-turns. Do you guys every see rub marks on the inside of the wheel wells????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.