VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just saw this posted by my buddy in Minneapolis-

Magnus may have a ton of 911's, but he's always out in this one, it's clearly his favorite. He had it shipped out to Minneapolis for a Porsche dealer in Wayzata opening a new showroom or something, not sure how this happened. Sucks. :thumbdown:

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
10,336 Posts

·
33,221 Posts
bummer

·
Registered
15,160 Posts
How did this even happen?
One vehicle looks like it's on the correct side of the road, facing the correct direction. The other one doesn't.

So I'm guessing there was some hoonage involved.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
I could listen to that car all day. Just enforces my goal to have an old Porsche like that in my garage one day.

·
Registered
728 Posts
With the insurance settlement, maybe this Magnus character can afford to have it painted all one color instead of looking like a parts bin.

·
Registered
45,405 Posts
Well, that's certainly a bummer, but it's hard to feel too sorry for a guy who can console himself with a fleet of early 911s while he fixes this one!

A quarter panel, longitudinal and a new door is all it needs to get the main structure back to 'square'. After that it's all paint and details. It would be devastating (financially and emotionally) for a guy like me, but I think he can handle it. :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
7,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
With the insurance settlement, maybe this Magnus character can afford to have it painted all one color instead of looking like a parts bin.
Here's just the silver ones in his collection, if you are so taken aback by the 277..

277 is a cobbled together track rat, no question.

·
Registered
22,290 Posts
So I'm guessing there was some hoonage involved.
Was Walker driving? Cause if so:

Ah good 'ol TCL hypocrisy.

"Oh noes, Magnus was likely driving like he always does on public roads glorifying it in videos and damaged his classic." Many tears are shed. It's ok, Walker is an enthusiast. A mentor. A legend.

Some kid wads up his Jetta on TCL and you guys are all "DARWIN! Haha loser! Take it to the track!"

:facepalm:

I like Walker's cars. I think he drives like a complete *******. And the fact that he glorifies it and talks about the 100mph bridge that he uses as his test track in videos. It's irresponsible and I find it hard to sympathize, if he doesn't care about rules/public safety at all that's fine. I don't have to care that he pays for it when something like this happens.

Maybe he could make a video on the consequences of driving like a dick. I'm glad nobody was hurt.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I work for the electrical contractor that did the new dealership, onsite electrician said he was drifting around the lot, then crashed. Grand opening soon....:cool:

1 - 20 of 268 Posts