VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning my friend accidently backed into/slid into my week old (for me at least) Golf, in his mom's Suburban.
Luckily, he didn't hit it hard. However, the left rear view mirror is broken off, and there is a small dent/cut in the body. Anyone have any idea how much it would cost to get these repaired? My friend is paying for it all, but I just wanted a quick estimate until I get the time to take it to my repair shop. Thanks alot. Hopefully everything works out well.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Re: Minor Damages, Any Idea? (DylanSnyder)

Its hard to do estimates without seeing the damage. gimme a specific rundown.
is the tear ont the fender door or quater, and tell me what other damages you have. Everything.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Minor Damages, Any Idea? (I3oxrocket)

The small slit and the small dent are both on the drivers side door. The drivers side mirror is gone, except for the metal interior of it. The mirror and plastic casing are totally gone. I'd take pictures, but my camcorder has been acting up as of late. Sorry if I'm not being descriptive enough, and thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts

the door needs to be reskinned, prepped and painted. along with the fender and quarter blended. AS WELL as jambs painted the mirror needs to be R&R'd, as well as painted.
this encludes, R&I fender marker, R&I bumper strip, R&I taillight. R&I door handle assembly
-this is my best educated *guess*.
plan on requesting about $ 1,000 from your freind.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Minor Damages, Any Idea? (I3oxrocket)

Eh, I feel bad asking for that much from my friend, but I honestly had nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts

well, still get a couple estemates. again, estimates over the "phone" are hard to do.
who knows, maybe the door doesnt need to be skinned. either way though, I doubt it will be under 500.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts

Take the car to a few body shops and find out what the going rate is for all the work that is needed. Get a few high end (dealer) places to look at it for comparision.
That is the best way to figure out a fair price from your bud.
HTH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts