VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm planning on getting some coils and new wheels. I'll be getting some Mten80's in 18x8 and 18x9 both with 35mm offset with 225/40 rubber up front and 235/40 out back . Now i plan on lowering it to where I can possibly tuck a bit of tire in the front and sit on tire in the back with some slight poke all around.
Well my question is would I need spacers to accomplish this and if so what sizes? I know just about nothing when it comes to wheel specs.
TIA

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
FV-QR

from what i've learned in the past couple of days, i think et35 sits about flush, someone correct me if i'm wrong, i'm still learning spacers and offsets. so with that being said, they would sit flush in the front, and maybe less then 10mm in the rear.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: FV-QR (sim0nvr6)

so any more thoughts?

·
Registered
12,242 Posts
Re: FV-QR (don jaime)

when you go low on coils you will need a spacer for the wheels to clear anyway. I'd suggest a 8mm spacer in the front with 215/40 tires (roll your fender to keep from rubbing) and a 15mm spacer in the rear with 225/40 tires.
final specs:
18x8et27 w/ 215/40/18
18x9et20 w/ 225/40/18
The tires will be slightly stretched, but nothing crazy. This will help you get lower with zero rubbing issues.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Re: FV-QR (ocdpvw)

I am running the exact same wheels (18x8 and 18x9 et35 with 215/40/18 and 225/40/18) with 8mm/10mm front and rear respectively and I am on vmaxx coils with about 8 threads left up front. Wheels sitting about flush up front and poking in the rear. I just got my fenders rolled but for some reason I am getting rubbing from the inside of the wheel liner on hard right turns only. It is causing a bad thumping and I don't know how to fix this!
Anyone??

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: FV-QR (WiseDubbinVR)

Quote, originally posted by WiseDubbinVR »
I am running the exact same wheels (18x8 and 18x9 et35 with 215/40/18 and 225/40/18) with 8mm/10mm front and rear respectively and I am on vmaxx coils with about 8 threads left up front. Wheels sitting about flush up front and poking in the rear. I just got my fenders rolled but for some reason I am getting rubbing from the inside of the wheel liner on hard right turns only. It is causing a bad thumping and I don't know how to fix this!
Anyone??

got any pics?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts