VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Latest purchase. It's like new!

I do plan to change a few things. I really like the 87-88 Pathfinder/89 4x4 truck grills and bumpers. All black and looks a lot more rugged. I plan to change all that but will of course keep all the stock chrome so it can go back to stock in case I ever want to sell it.

Last photo is from the ad. I had too much crap inside to take good photos but it's just like new.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!! Just ordered all new front end stuff from the 87-88 Pathfinder 4x4. All in black. Grill, corner lights, bumper, bumper ends, bumper top cover, lower valence, headlights and mirrors.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Ascent & 2020 Subaru WRX
1,870 Posts
Thanks!! Just ordered all new front end stuff from the 87-88 Pathfinder 4x4. All in black. Grill, corner lights, bumper, bumper ends, bumper top cover, lower valence, headlights and mirrors.
That will look perfect. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is what the front will look like. Minus the vents in the hood. Found this on google but makes me miss my 2 previous red 87 Pathfinder SE's I owned back in the day. I still keep my hopes up that one day I can find another one that's been stored in a collection.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Started the 87 Pathfinder front end conversion. Headlights, grill and corner lamps. Waiting on bumper bolts and door handles to add the black bumper and mirrors.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just maintenance.

Conversion is done. Just needs to be cleaned. Front grill, headlights, corner lamps, bumper, front spoiler, black mirrors and door handles. I need to go to the salvage yard to get some black windshield trim.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cleaned it up a bit.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2 better shots

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hand compound and wax.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got some 31x10.5x15 Toyo Open Country tires. Love them!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have decided to make this truck a bit better. Added Bilstein HD shocks which are great, bought SCS F5 Toyota spec wheels and and will need to get longer studs. I made an offer on a 2002 Nissan supercharged Frontier with manual to pull the engine, harness and ecu out of which should be delivered this evening, got a Go Rhino roll bar which should ship soon and some Hella black 500 series lights. Lastly, bought the last OE 87 Pathfinder grill in the country from Nissan.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts