VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I got a new genuine GTI MK7 front bumper resprayed with LC9A to match the factory paint on the body. I gave them the side cap mirrors to mix and match alongside the paint code.

Cost: $685.00 AUD.
  • parking sensor holes
  • labour
  • paint

I now have this outcome:
Does it look matched? I understand the plastic and metal explanation but it appears to have a blue hue involved instead of a darker/lighter white appearance. Thoughts?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Additionally, the front parking sensors go crazy at low speeds; as if it’s detecting an object at front whereas there is nothing there. Does it need recalibration or was it installed incorrectly?

·
Registered
350 Posts
From the image you posted it does appear to be off slighty. If this wasn't about pain matching, I probably wouldn't have noticed. MY only guess would be that the car itself has experiences sun rays or been exposed to outside more than the new bumper, otherwise, it looks pretty close

·
Registered
Mk2 Jetta Turbo Diesel
59 Posts
From my experience most good painters will sand the clear coat back on the adjoining panel and blend to the new paint. The human eye can perceive extremely small differences, if they are one against the other, but if the new color is blended over a foot you would be hard pressed to see it.

Did they have have your car for the painting?
Learn something new every day.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Looks pretty darn close to me, and like others have said, it probably has to do with the slight age / wear of the rest of the paint right up against the new paint / clear coat.

And yes, sounds like you need to have the parking sensor recalibrates since the bumper has been taken off

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks pretty darn close to me, and like others have said, it probably has to do with the slight age / wear of the rest of the paint right up against the new paint / clear coat.

And yes, sounds like you need to have the parking sensor recalibrates since the bumper has been taken off
I spoke to a Volkswagen dealer and they said there isn’t such thing as calibrating their sensors.
The auto-body shop went off my side mirror caps and that was the problem as it was a different colour than then bumper… I got it resprayed and it looks a lot better now.
So, for the front parking sensors, have they damaged it during install?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts