VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1984 Rabbit GTI that i just did a 288 solid lifter cam. Broke the cam in and have my timing set. The car idles awesome,like a small v8 and she pulls past 7000rpm's. Mt issue is its fine when i drive it till it warms up it hesitates/misses is what it feels like when you are driving with a steady throttle. Like for example driving in 4th great at like 4,000 rpm's and just holding the gas pedal there but as soon as you give it throttle it goes away. I drove it 15 minutes down the road till she started doing this. Just very frustrating! I have had the car for 20 years and i just want it to run perfect and its so close. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas?? I have not checked my injector spray pattern yet.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge so you can test the CIS pressures? Do you have a wideband? Have you checked/replaced ignition components?

I'm a firm believer in testing. If you have not tested the CIS system, then how do you know if that is the cause? Same for the ignition system.

I recently started to use a wideband for testing my POS Caddy turbo project I got going. I wish I started using this 20 years ago. It's worth every penny I spent and it sure beats spending that money on parts that I have no clue if they are bad or not.

If you do not know how CIS works, I suggest you spend a few hours working on that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts