VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
6,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
driving home late the other night I was about a 1/8th of a mile from home when a dog ran out in front of me. swerved to the right, bounced off the curb and I roasted both right side BBS's
my allignments all messed up and I think I might have bent something in there too

· Registered
4,051 Posts
Re: missed the dog but hit a curb (j.Connor)

Shoulda hit the dog.......

· Registered
4,051 Posts

Quote, originally posted by j.Connor »
it was a big dog......I was doin about 40

Damn, nm thats a lose, lose situation.

· Registered
6,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

undamaged side (note how fender alligns with wheel)

damaged (wheel is tucking and car is lower on this side
)

wheel.....it's MUCH worse in person

· Registered
4,901 Posts

Connor, is it just your front weel that is tucking under the fender?
That is just like what my car looked like when I nailed a cubed and bent the crap out of my front controll arm. (only mine was way worse) Good news about that is you should be able to get a new one from german auto for less the $100, and installing it is pretty easy.
Other things you may have toasted while you were at it:
Ball joints (easy to replace)
Steering rack: Does your steering feel stiff in certain places (I hope not cause that thing is a pain to replace)
Drive sharft/cv joint: If you damaged this you'll hear some funny noises and then before long it will just brake on you. (these are about $70 at BAP)
Lastly: Way back, one of phils weels on the grey car got messed up in soem accident and he took it to some place to get it cosmetically repaired. I think they should be able to get your looking good again.

· Registered
425 Posts

if you need help repairing the wheels I have a friend who does nice work. e-mail(in signature) me if you want me to give him a call. usually under $100 a wheel. I can also get a good discount on parts through my shop.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.