VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an AE GTI and its built to hold 500hp with a 24lb boost tune. It has an F21 hybrid Frankenturbo. It started overboosting up to almost 30 lbs so I need to fix it immediately before damage is done. I’ll link a video I watched, and is it going to be as simple is that just going the opposite way since I’m lowering boost, or will I have to take off my down pipe and set the crack pressure? The link to the video it
.Any advise helps, thanks In advanced!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What software? Do you have a MBC? I wouldnt just go cranking the wastegate open with out exploring other methods boost control first.
The car has a stock ECU that is flashed with an AGP tune on it. I think it’s tuned for like 7-8lbs of crack pressure. But I won’t know unless I pull off the down pipe and pressurized the system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have a way of monitoring boost (boost gauge or able to view live data), disconnect the n75 and see how much boost it makes. That should tell you if your waste gate is out of adjustment. Is your tune specifically for a hybrid k03s?
Yea I have a boost gauge that reads up to 25lbs. I shoot up right at it or just past it. So you think I should just disconnect the n75 and see if it’s still overboosting, and if it is then adjust that wastegate rod that is in that video?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.