VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently swapped out my stock MK7.5 US (NAR) LED headlights for the OEM Euro (ROW) LED clear side marker headlights and am getting a DRL/Parking Light warning on my dash. The DRL's appear to be working fine, but it seems like the parking lights aren't activating properly. I am assuming that this is a coding issue, because swapping the two LED modules in the housings was pretty straightforward and all of the parts were brand new. Has anyone successfully performed this mod yet or have any suggestions for how to remedy it in VCDS?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Interested in whether you get this fixed. I may want to swap mine over as well, Can you take pics of the light output or provide some feedback so far. I think the headlights are pretty good, but coming from a guy who's done S2000 retrofits and other lense modifications, the output is a little lacking. Especially in the cutoff. NA lights have a hashed line across the low beams (if you look close to the lense), do your EU lights have the same? Also, the cutoff has some weird notches. See pics:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I recently swapped out my stock MK7.5 US (NAR) LED headlights for the OEM Euro (ROW) LED clear side marker headlights and am getting a DRL/Parking Light warning on my dash. The DRL's appear to be working fine, but it seems like the parking lights aren't activating properly. I am assuming that this is a coding issue, because swapping the two LED modules in the housings was pretty straightforward and all of the parts were brand new. Has anyone successfully performed this mod yet or have any suggestions for how to remedy it in VCDS?
You might want to check the coding for Leuchte26. NAR cars use this channel for the little yellow side markers. Just put it to „not active“.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
You might want to check the coding for Leuchte26. NAR cars use this channel for the little yellow side markers. Just put it to „not active“.

It's also used for the little "dot" inside the DRL headlight so might be used in ROW cars as well, but its worth a shot.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Disabling the orange side markers has no effect on the inner LED dots on the Mk7.5. They stay on regardless, unlike the Mk7.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hey OP, did you get this fixed?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Do you have any idea which channel in Leuchte26 controls the amber side markers? I am using VCDS and the only channels I can find in 09-Cent. Elect. with Leuchte26 in their title are the Leuchte26NSL LA72's, and I can't seem to figure out which ones control the side markers. The parking lights were in Leuchte8FL LB39-Lichtfunktion D 8 and D 9 respectively but switching them to Not Active had no effect on my dashboard error warning.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Try to change “Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion A26” from “Standlicht allgemein...” to “not active “

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Try to change “Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion A26” from “Standlicht allgemein...” to “not active “

That channel was already set to "not active."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts