VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
my son just bought one in RED. He paid the sticker price. The car is gorgeous and very good handling. I am wanting one for myself. See if you can get the first year oil change thrown in the deal.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well today is the day, so we'll see how it goes.

Just got a response from another dealer say that they have the model I'm looking for coming in, but there is a $2,500 market adjustment on the car...It's a crazy world we're living in.

·
Registered
2016 GTI SE 6MT, 2021 Audi S4 Premium
1,340 Posts
Do dealers who sell GTIs at MSRP accept VW Partner Program vouchers for $500 under invoice? In other words, can the dealer choose to not accept VWPP vouchers because they have to contribute something to the $500 below invoice price or is all the discount coming from VWoA?

·
Registered
22 GTI Autobahn Pomelo Yellow
200 Posts
Do dealers who sell GTIs at MSRP accept VW Partner Program vouchers for $500 under invoice? In other words, can the dealer choose to not accept VWPP vouchers because they have to contribute something to the $500 below invoice price or is all the discount coming from VWoA?
Could vary dealer by dealer but mine was and I got mine for MSRP. It is a VWOA Rebate though so they should.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Chicago suburb dealer and I agreed upon MSRP for the car. GTI S (Moonstone Grey) + Homelink rear view mirror (No choice, the dealer ordered it this way). $32,150. Not complaining at all.

Your biggest bargaining power is your trade in if you have one. I got 2k over what they were originally going to give me.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Could vary dealer by dealer but mine was and I got mine for MSRP. It is a VWOA Rebate though so they should.
So you are saying the dealer will sell the car for roughly $2,500 below MSRP (assuming $2K difference between invoice and MSRP)? When I got my 2016 Mk 7 GTI, I got $4K off MSRP from the dealer and $500 off with VWPP voucher for a total of $4,500 off sticker. I just can’t bring myself to paying MSRP on a GTI. I know, it’s the going rate.

·
Registered
22 GTI Autobahn Pomelo Yellow
200 Posts
So you are saying the dealer will sell the car for roughly $2,500 below MSRP (assuming $2K difference between invoice and MSRP)? When I got my 2016 Mk 7 GTI, I got $4K off MSRP from the dealer and $500 off with VWPP voucher for a total of $4,500 off sticker. I just can’t bring myself to paying MSRP on a GTI. I know, it’s the going rate.
I know the partner program $500 should fly, but the from invoice is unlikely in this market. If they do then go for it. I did not see the invoice part my bad.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I know the partner program $500 should fly, but the from invoice is unlikely in this market. If they do then go for it. I did not see the invoice part my bad.
This is how the Partner Program voucher supposed to work: If you have a deal in place where you are already getting a price below invoice (obviously not in today's crazy market), you would get an extra $500 off with the voucher. If the deal offered is above invoice, you are supposed to get a price equal to $500 below invoice. The program doesn't apply to VW Golf R but all other models should qualify. I am tempted to try this to see if I can get an Autobahn 2022 GTI for $500 below invoice but I don't want to get a Mk8 GTI yet. I want to wait a year or two until they fix some of the interior ergonomic deficiencies. The first year of a new model in the U.S. is never the best year to get. When the Mk7 GTI came out as a 2015 model, it had the first generation MIB system with a 5.8" screen and no Carplay/Android Auto. The 2016 model I got came with a 6.5" MIB II system with CarPlay/AA and I'm glad I waited for the 2016. I think 2016 also added Performance Package which my car has.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Geeeez! I bought my 2015 GTI/DSG base leftover in 2016 for $22,000.
A few months ago someone hit me. In the settlement may insurance company (it was hit and run) based their appraisal on a $19K value. Car is low mileage/32K)
Pretty amazing.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Here'a a scenario for you. A local dealership here has a base GTI DSG with sunroof in stock and they're listing it for $43195 including PDI - thats a mark up of just over $7000. However, if you're patient, you can get a Performance trim that they have incoming for $42140 which is about $1800 under MSRP. All depends on how desperate you want a car.

Or you could travel 11kms north to another dealership that only has a small mark up of about $1000 on their in stock vehicles.

Don't forget, you also have to pay tax on the mark up and if you're financing, interest on the mark up. So in my example, that extra $7000 markup, including extra taxes and interest if you were to finance really ends up costing you about $10000 at the current VW rate over 5 years.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Has anybody been getting crazy high interest rates? I have an 813 credit score, but I’m only eligible for 4.7% rate for $20k financing on a new car. Sounds off. I know inflation is real, but this seems high.

Any options outside of dealer financing options that someone would recommend?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Has anybody been getting crazy high interest rates? I have an 813 credit score, but I’m only eligible for 4.7% rate for $20k financing on a new car. Sounds off. I know inflation is real, but this seems high.

Any options outside of dealer financing options that someone would recommend?
Yup. VW Canada is offering 5.99% on financing right now and up to 8% if you lease, they even dropped the loyalty rate. Most other manufacturers are the same. Some banks may be charging less so it pays to shop around yourself or find a dealership that shops around at different vendors. Given the economy right now, if you can find anything under 4% - that would probably be a bargain. The last 3 cars I financed through VW, I only paid half a percent - glad I don't have to finance my next one with the interest rates being like they were back in the 80s and 90s lol.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts