VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a problem with my front turn signals....
they blink, but not very bright, you can barely see them.
especially once the headlights are on and they are constantly on , you preety much have to squat from 3 feet away to see them blink.
any suggestions?

· Banned
4,567 Posts
Re: mk1 electrical guru's, you're help needed here (tommyleekowalski)

Does it blink slowly or just dimly like you mentioned in your post?
This sounds a lot like the running light filament is your turn signal filament and your turn signal filament is your running light filament. Each filament uses a different amount of wattage or draw. Meaning one is thicker than the other.
In other words what might be happening is the bulb is in there wrong or the wires were switched somehow. Or it may be something as simple as Andre suggested. A bad ground. If you don't have a voltage tester or multimeter just take a look at those bulbs. Take one of them out and put it back in again, the opposite way it was in before. It is possible to get them in there wrong. And like I said, these symptoms sound an awful lot like a bulb filament problem.
If it persists I'd be happy to talk with you directly about the problem if you haven't already fixed it that is.
Hope it works out!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by MK1Scirocco1980 at 9:42 AM 7-16-2003

· Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: mk1 electrical guru's, you're help needed here (MK1Scirocco1980)

broke out and dusted off the multimeter.
getting 13+V whilst car running and lights on, but only 11.9 - 12.1 with brights on, 12.9 with car off.
i replaced the bulbs with ones the owners manual suggested.
still the same dim blink.
you can barely see em blink lights on or off, but the parking lights are nice and bright.
i'll try pulling em out and seeing if they're in wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.