Chassis
1984 Rabbit GTI
Hollowed out with 6 pt cage including door bars
12gal aluminum RCI fuel cell

Suspension
Koni yellow coil over adjustables
Hyperco coils

Engine
1993 16V 2.0- Recently went through with new bearings, rings, valve seals and gaskets.
Stock bottom end
ported head with Kent Sportsman cams and cam sprocket
MSD 7AL ignition
Dual Weber DCOE carbs
4 core Radiator

Trans
Stock gears with Quaife LSD

Spare parts (NEW) that go with it.
Full set of brakes and hardware-all 4 corners
Full set of wheel bearings- all 4 corners
New front hubs
New drive axles

Wheels & Tires
Panasport- 13x7
Hoosier R7s- 5 heat cycles bought Aug 15
Spare set of wheels - Steel AutoX wheels with 13x20 hoosiers (Good for Rollers)

Car just ran Indy's Gran Prix course in Mid August, was a load of fun. I am not in a hurry to sell, but if someone came to me with the right amount of cash...

https://youtu.be/6xbHW_DLh7w

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Flares

Great looking car and good deal! Imo the duckbill would reaally make it look killer, Question, what flares are you using? Thanks!
Thanks! The flares are a home made flares by me. They are Poly. Went with them so I don't have to worry about cones or tires rubbing and destroying impossible to find flares... Not to mention expensive.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would you mind elaborating on that a bit? How did you make them?

Thanks
Tom,
Sure. I made templates out of poster board and taped them on the body to ensure fitment. Then using poly sheeting sourced from Menards, I duplicated the templates with it and riveted them to the body. They use the factory "flared edge" to rest against. If someone would like a set of templates, I would be willing to duplicate them. I just didn't want to bond something to the body of a race car to end up tapping a cone or curbing and tear it up. These things flex really well. It was a very simple process. I can do a write up, if you'd like with some images. Unfortunately, I didnt take any while building it.

This is the sheeting
https://www.menards.com/main/buildi...p-1977175-c-7551.htm?tid=-2247727736768721187

Thomas

·
Registered
450 Posts
Tom,
Sure. I made templates out of poster board and taped them on the body to ensure fitment. Then using poly sheeting sourced from Menards, I duplicated the templates with it and riveted them to the body. They use the factory "flared edge" to rest against. If someone would like a set of templates, I would be willing to duplicate them. I just didn't want to bond something to the body of a race car to end up tapping a cone or curbing and tear it up. These things flex really well. It was a very simple process. I can do a write up, if you'd like with some images. Unfortunately, I didnt take any while building it.

This is the sheeting
https://www.menards.com/main/buildi...p-1977175-c-7551.htm?tid=-2247727736768721187

Thomas
Thanks for the info, so they are just rivet to the fender where the factory "flair" is? Did you reinforce them at all? I would think that would flex a bit on the track at speed. Then again, the wheels would most likely be straight at any speed that they could flex, so maybe it doesn't matter.

My favorite kind of solution, simple, cheap and light.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info, so they are just rivet to the fender where the factory "flair" is? Did you reinforce them at all? I would think that would flex a bit on the track at speed. Then again, the wheels would most likely be straight at any speed that they could flex, so maybe it doesn't matter.

My favorite kind of solution, simple, cheap and light.
My thoughts exactly, simplicity! This car is very simple... Not a lot of technology but plenty of everything where it counts... Brakes, Engine, suspension and safety.

Yes, they are riveted to the factory flare. no reinforcement. I was going to add little struts to the front leading edge on both the front and rear but it has proven unnecessary as they don't flex much at all. I really like the way they look too.

Thanks for the inquiry. If you'd like to add another to your stable, I would work a deal with someone who wants to give her a good home.

Thanks,
Thomas

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not looking to separate or part out

Still for sale... I am not interested in Parting out or separating the engine/trans from the shell at this time.

Thanks
Thomas

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Making it streetable?

Would there be any interest to someone if I took the necessary measures of making this car streetable?

I could put all necessary lights in (though they wouldn't be factory switches and such), put the passenger Momo in...

This is a wonderful track/Auto X car but may be more valuable to someone who could drive it to events.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts