VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Mk1 Rabbits Only Please

7K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  tinygiant 
I recently purchase the 3H setup for my mk1cabriolet. The kit i bought came with two skinny 2.5g tanks and two compressors. I am going to run 3/8 line so i don't have to buy all new fittings. The kit also came with the smc needle valves so i can adjust the flow rate to get the car to adjust evenly.

I hear 1/4 is probably ideal in the mk1 but inlike the idea of running 3/8 with adjustment valves so i can increase or decrease my drop speed to my liking

the cabriolet has even less room in the trunk.

i havent decided if i want to mount the tanks visible bu butchering my rear deck to expose part of them, or just make a plywood in the trunk to mount it all to.
I also already have a 10” powered rockford 300w sub in there and a small box of spare fluids. Lol. Its going to be tight

Okay started on the trunk setup today. Used some old upholstery fabric i had on hand and bought a piece of 1/2 plywood

traced my trunk carpet for a good starting point
Rectangle Asphalt Road surface Grey Grass

made some adjustments. Mounted about 12 1/2” thick rubber feet to the underside, wrapped it and mounted the pumps and the manifold.

Decided i am going to mount the tank vertically to save space. I have. A 3gal stubby little keg tank on the way.
I am going to put the feet behind and stand it tall. I will run the pump lines down and under to the two 1/2 ports. Hidden below deck.

Font Auto part Engineering Machine Cylinder

Product Black Rectangle Textile Sleeve

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Trunk Car

I havent decided how i will run my lines yet but i have ordered aluminum hardline tubing to do everything topside, bulkhead fittings for running below deck. I will have an avs water trap and pressure gauge in the mix too

i put my sub back in and…. I hate how it looks. May need yo figure something else out

Motor vehicle Trunk Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior

Update

Got most of the plumbing done

Gas Cylinder Machine Font Automotive design

Leak tested and found one leak on the drain valve. Quick tighten and it was good. Set the system to 40psi and will check tomorrow.

I spent hours bending aluminum tubing and then decided i hated it. I like the look of the black DOT tubing better.

I put short run leaders for read bags with caps and really long runs with caps so i could pressure test them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.