VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have never heard of this before, kind of looks like a Volkswagen Passat?:what::thumbup:
It does look like the passat a bit but it's actually based on the mk4 platform with european mk4 golf/jetta engines : 1.4 16v i 1.6i 1.8t; 1.9 tdi in various power outputs from 90 bhp to 130. there was even a gti version called the vrs with the 1.8 t producing about 180 bhp. but mine is the more fuel friendly 1.6 with 102 horses. by the way the car is made in the czech republic and the brand skoda is owned by vw since 1991 if i remember right. cheers . thanks for watching this:thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shock absorbers

Hy there. My rear shock absorbers are on their way out :sly:, just wanted to know your opinion about the various brands out there. Should i stick with the oem ones or should i buy something else like kayaba or sachs. Which ones do you people have, just want normal handling and cornering nothing fancy. I would buy coils but my budget isn't that big :banghead:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.