VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a mk1 golf cabby with a bent front suspension strut. Is it possible to fit my mates front suspension strut of a mk2 golf on my mk1?
Can i change the strut top from the mk1 to the mk2 strut top and will the mk2 strut fit into the mk1 hub
cheers

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Re: mk1 to mk2 strut help...plz (meinit)

you can fit A2 front susp on an A1. you have to transfer the spindle too becasue its a different size on the A2. also, spring rates are a little higher on the A2, i believe, so you could end up with a stiffer/higher front end

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Re: mk1 to mk2 strut help...plz (dino01)

like dino said, spindles are different, spring rate are different and the whole top assembly is different, it sounds like is better to find real mk1's

·
Registered
8,819 Posts
Re: mk1 to mk2 strut help...plz (meinit)

Quote, originally posted by meinit »
Ive got a mk1 golf cabby with a bent front suspension strut. Is it possible to fit my mates front suspension strut of a mk2 golf on my mk1?
Can i change the strut top from the mk1 to the mk2 strut top and will the mk2 strut fit into the mk1 hub
cheers

Come on!!!! go to a junkyard and get yourself another one......Its too much hassle to mess with mk2 stuff. Whereabouts do you live in London? I could suggest you a couple of places I used to go

1 - 4 of 4 Posts