VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i got a present in the mail from sk motorsport and kinetic.

here are all of the goods

here is a preview of my plan...

here is one of the secret ingredients

old pic of the car

and engine bay

weather permitting the tear down starts tomorrow.
more to come....

Modified by djpj06 at 1:04 AM 5-29-2007

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: mk2 aba/aeg with kinetic turbo kit (BMGFifty)

fsi ftw! we got a lot of broken end tanks from vicious pot holes this winter, so i started to collect the broken intercoolers and pieced together one good one. i used two end tanks from the same side so i can get the pipes around the radiator.
i had the kit shipped to work and when i got home it was like christmas... boxes, toys and wrapping paper everywhere.

Modified by djpj06 at 12:15 AM 5-5-2007

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: mk2 aba/aeg with kinetic turbo kit (djpj06)

here are some more fun parts
autotech 270* and phenolic gasket from new south

here is the size difference between the t3/t4 and a k03, i was stunned at the size of the t3/t4 when i first pulled it out of the box.

home depot turbo heat shield. the turbo hotside is really close to the throttle body and the vacuum line to the brake booster

mocking up

Modified by djpj06 at 9:54 PM 5-6-2007

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (dsijetta)

thanks

i didnt mention this in the first post... which i should have, but...
this thread is dedicated to all of the 2.0 masters.
ABFjeff
tdogg
steve pagano
salsagti
bgmfifty
jbetz
rippinralf
jefnes3
all star me
wolfgti
and many others whose information and inspiration has made this project possible.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (djpj06)

today i found out that i have a 96 aba obd2 big port head (no shroud) http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

before the mock up i was worried that the turbo wouldnt fit. is close but it fits.

cleaned and opened up the intake manifold

the aba and aeg injectors are a little different... the aba is longer and the oring is a little narrower.

so the fix... which i learned from pagano..
take the spacer off of the aba injector and put the big oring from the aeg fuel rail side in it place.

and install a spacer between the manifold and the fuel rail.

the finished lower manifold

and the installed new south gasket

Modified by djpj06 at 10:10 PM 5-6-2007

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: mk2 aba/aeg with kinetic turbo kit (dub lover)

Quote, originally posted by dub lover »
what the ferk. this thing is soooo poopy
fart kit maybe

hahahahahahahaha
i love you too josh

·
Registered
10,645 Posts

ok i hate the fact you have the large port head......And Good luck with the innercooler kit.....they just finished a MK4 vr6 Kinetic kit and used only one of the supplied pipes in the kit http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif As the routing and fit was junk........Hope th e2.0 kit is better.
Now get it together all ready

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (Salsa GTI)

Quote, originally posted by Salsa GTI »
.....they just finished a MK4 vr6 Kinetic kit and used only one of the supplied pipes in the kit http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif As the routing and fit was junk........Hope th e2.0 kit is better.

i only got stage 1, so no intercooler pipes... yet. the aba kit needs some modification to get it to work with the mk4 intake mani and oem intercooler.
cam should be in tomorrow.... depending on how my day work goes at work.

thanks for the encouraging words

·
Registered
10,645 Posts

Quote, originally posted by djpj06 »

i only got stage 1, so no intercooler pipes... yet. the aba kit needs some modification to get it to work with the mk4 intake mani and oem intercooler.
cam should be in tomorrow.... depending on how my day work goes at work.

thanks for the encouraging words

Good to hear..........When they do come out with an innercooler kit........Don't buy it......you will be sorry with the fit and finish.
The stage one kit is top notch

·
Registered
6,561 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Salsa GTI »
Oh and if your going to run more than 12 psi in the future...install a head spacer at this time.....saves trouble down the road.....I should know

Good advice, but dave, it only takes me an hour to do a headspacer.

·
Registered
867 Posts

Hey man can you take a pic of your engine with the intake manifold installed from the top? So I can see where your turbo sits in relation to intake. Im have a interference problem with my stock intake manifold and turbo and was hoping a mk4 one would solve the problem.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (Winston_Taco)

Quote, originally posted by Winston_Taco »
Hey man can you take a pic of your engine with the intake manifold installed from the top? So I can see where your turbo sits in relation to intake. Im have a interference problem with my stock intake manifold and turbo and was hoping a mk4 one would solve the problem.

i have this test fit on an extra head pic.... i will get a better one soon

270* cam, aeg lifters and aeg splash guard

bye, bye crazy knock sensor spacer..

rare and ancient translation of the vw bible

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.